Cloth bum help!

taperjeangirl

Reaction score
I want to move to cloth, I have no idea where to start!

Daisy is about 20lb so what size do we use? and any advice on what the best brand is?

:help:!

What do I need to start off?

My favourites are Bum Genius, Blueberry and Itti Bittis. Bum Genius and Blueberry are one size, itti bittis are sized. I would get large in that.

You just need nappies and a somewhere to store them e.g. nappy pail or wet bag.

bum genius are the best pracitical all rounders and good for night time
ittis are pretty and slim fitting so good under clothes
blueberrys are gorgeous and excellent for no leaks but qre a bit bulkier than the othet two.

Thanks Sam, I was just about to message you about it after seeing meadow in her gorgeous nappies!

I dont use liners with mine. You can use paper liners if you dont want to scrape poo off the nappies but I dont like the feel of them. x

The best thing to do is measure her, don't go by weight. For instance, Hayden is about 22lbs but wears a small in fuzzi bunz which are only supposed to fit to 18lbs and he fits on some of the smallest settings on it. Measure her rise, thighs and waist and go off of that to choose a size...or do one size :)

:wave: andrea. Yay glad to see you and daisy are thinking of joining us! I'd recommend the bumgenius and itti bittis tbh. I quite like the itti bittis and given we're in the last size (large) it doesn't make them as expensive a brand as people who are just starting out and need to move through the sizes (if that makes sense). The bumgenius are good, they're one size that are from birth up to 35lbs and they're sooo easy. Paper liners are optional and can just help the clean up process.

One thing i'd say you need to think about is how are you going to dry your nappies? Personally i find that quite important as i can only air dry so quick drying nappies are essential to me. Hope that's some help :hugs:

Thanks for the advice girls! I am falling in love with alot of brands! Gonna be expensive! :D Can you tumble dry them? Or does it have to be air dried.... sorry if I sound stupid but I looked into them when I was pregnant and always intended to switch but never got round to it!

I tumble dry mine because I dont have enough to leave them to dry outside

I think you can tumble dry some though i've heard a few of the girls say how long they can take in the dryer which can be an issue especially if you're using cloth for enviromental issues.

Hmmmm this is what I thought, the energy I am saving using cloth will be used up again with my dryer!

Although there might be something quite cute about an airer covered in fancy nappies!!

I'll see how it goes, just going to buy a few different ones to start with, our council have a trial scheme so might have a look into that!

most you can tumble dry hun!! i usually tumble my inserts etc but let the pockets/outers dry and they tend to be dry overnight. i usually do the wash late on a ight and have nappies dry and ready for the next morning - that way i can use my fave nappy everyday if i want to !!!!

i would definately buy one of each brand you are interested in as you will quickly find a fave and probably find a couple you dont get along with too well!! it is soooooo tempting to blow a load on pretty nappys but definately just buy one or two of each brand to have a play with them!!

i recommend bumgenius 3.0 a very good allrounder and it fits daisy well!! :thumbup:
itti bitti d'lish are gorgeous but work out more expensive as they are sized but fit fabulously - i've got more on the way!!
i dont personally rate bamboozles as they get wet all round and dont wick very well and you need a seperate wrap on them!
i do like fuzzy bunz i only have one of those atm but its a gorgeous daisy print and super cute! again its one sized so does birth to potty but is a little more fiddly to fit!!
the mothercare smart nappy are definately a one to try too! i think every cloth mum should have a couple for convenience! they are prefolds that you pop in a wrap, you can also get disposable pads for them too if you dont fancy doin any washing !!

i use liners if i'm expecting a poo - i use boots brand, they are quite soft not so papery and not too expensive! althouogh i dont use them all the time as i prefer the softer materialon her butt!!

sorry for the overload !!! lol feel free to pm me if you need any more advice!? i'm by no means an expert but will try to help all i can

:hugs:

sara

xxxxxxxxxx

thank you! I am off to buy the daisy print one!! :D It's only right that we have them!!

Thats how i started by using the incentive scheme and getting a trial pack. I also filled a survey in at www.nappylady.co.uk and she put me together a trial pack that took my needs into account. Then i went and looked for the nappies she recommended elsewhere but :shh: lol! Ebays good to but don't always presume they're cheaper than the online retailers.

O. M . G The Daisy ones are just too cute! There is 4 colours so would work out at about £62 for 4 ..... I'll just get 2 just now i think!!

O. M . G The Daisy ones are just too cute! There is 4 colours so would work out at about £62 for 4 ..... I'll just get 2 just now i think!!

lol they r soooo cute!! it would be WRONG not too!! have you seen the daisy moby wrap??

sara

xxxxxx

the lilac daisy one is adorable it's on my list of 'need to gets' :laugh2:

I just have! It is gorgeous! Do you go nuts for anything with Daisies on too? Most of Daisy's clothes have Daisies on them! :blush:

i don't think i've ever seen anythin with daisys on actually :dohh:

where did you buy from? Hopefully they'll be with you soon :happydance:. Remember you need to wash them first, use non bio and only a quarter the amount of powder you normally use.

i have the purple daisy print fuzzy bunz and the moby but if i ever see anything with daisy's on i HAVE to buy it!!! oh is the same !! i'm gonna get another daisy print fuzzy !!! i'm also gonna get on the wee notions website n get a minkee with daisy embroidery on it n her name !!! sooooo irresistable!

sara

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"