Cloth bum help!

I am still a bit confused... sorry girls!

So, the all in one is just that, you dont add anything?

and the pocket ones you have to add some sort of liner?

and you can if you want to add a liner to any of them?

what is a hammock, is that the ones you buy the plastic tie thingys for? :blush:

and a wrap just goes over the whole nappy?

it's a lot easier to understand when you see the nappy.

There are liners and inserts. Liners tend to be disposable paper (though you can buy reusables) bit like toilet paper really, that people lie inside the nappy to catch any poo. Liners are optional some people prefer not to use them and some prefer to, guess it depends how much you like poo :laugh2:. Inserts are the absorbant bit of the nappy if you will, the bit that holds the wee.

An all in one (AIO), is exactly that you don't need to put it together in any way it's ready to go. The addition of a liner is optional.

Pocket nappies, such as the bumgenius v3, is a 2 part nappy. So you get the waterproof wrap and a insert that you need to put into the wrap yourself like a pocket. As you can take this nappy apart it can make drying times quicker than the AIO

Sorry, not sure about the hammock as haven't used any.

The wrap is the waterproof bit that goes on the outside to stop clothes getting wet. The nappy goes on the inside next to babies bum. Depending on what nappy you are getting though you may not need to buy an additional wrap because they're already in built in.

Does that make a bit more sense?

i did find it made a lot more sense once i saw the nappies. I remember all the reading i did and thinking "hmmmm" It is a bit of a minefield but it gets easier and you'll soon have the confidence to buy anythin that takes your fancy :laugh2: thats when i hide the credit card :rofl:

hun, do you want me to go take some piccies to explain them a little easier?? if you have a mothercare or toys r us near you they stock bugenius and another brand i think bambino mio and they have their own brand too (larger stores) that way you can have a nosey n feel/play with a few different styles!?!?

sara

xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"