Cloth diaper sizing question

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I plan to buy Green Mountain prefold diapers, my question is how many NB size do we really need, can they be skipped and go straight to size small?

We plan to use disposables for the first week while we get into the swing of things and wait for her stump to fall off. If doing a combo of that could we forget the NB cloth sizes?

I can't say for that brand as I am in New Zealand. The next size prefold up from newborn that I used fit Sophie around 7 weeks of age and she was a hair under 8lbs at birth.

I personally would get a decent amount of newborn sizing. You can always use the prefolds folded into a pad shape as the baby gets older, or sell them on?

I still use the 'infant' size in Sophie's nappies in a pad shape, I think they are a 5-9kg size from memory so about the 11-20lb prefold size.

The brand I'm looking at sells them by the dozen, would one dozen of NB mixed with disposables be enough until we have her in the small size which I'll probably get 2 or 3 dozen to start with because there are other brands I'm wanting to try as well. We have some Charlie Banana's and eventually want to get Bum Genius as well.

Yeah, you could probably skip the newborn size. The smalls would be close enough unless your LO is super tiny. I did NB, small and then medium, but I sold them as they were outgrown and made most of my money back anyway, so no biggie. My LO was in mediums with one-size covers by about five months old, and she's worn the same ones ever since, so about 13 months and still going strong.

The NB size are $25 for a dozen so I think if I just buy one dozen and if the small size can be folded to fit then once she's out of NB they could work as burp cloths or sell.

Yes- or you can use them as doublers later on as well if you need more absorbency. I only had a dozen of the NB size plus a few other random cloth diapers- at the time I just washed every day and it was fine. They dry so fast.

my Lo was 8lbs 8oz when was born and stayed in newborn size diapers for about 6-8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->