Cloth Diapering

I admire you ladies for using cloth. I never have, but have thought of trying it.

Helen you are brave for doing it with twins too!! I'm kinda scared to try it with just one little baby to clean up. :)

I thought about it. I'm like BurtonBaby, I'm scared to do it! Although, BB around here, they do have the Tiny Tots service that drops off clean diapers every week.

yes we do! although when we go out and at night time we use pampers (we did use these eco disposables but they were rubbish! leaked everywhere!) we use disposable wipes at the moment but I'm thinking about making my own...saw it on the news and it looked good!

How do you make your own wipes? Sounds interesting, especially as I buy wipes by the box!

BurtonBaby it's really not that hard at all. I think understanding what went with what and how the nappies all went together was the hardest bit but you soon get to grips with it.

Its not hard at all. I use BumGenuis and love them. I don't have problems with leaks at all. I do use dispoable at night though. I also use re-usable wipes. I have my changing station set up in the bathroom, and just run the tap warm, wet the wipe and clean his little bum. All the cloth diaper lines have wipes as well. I really like the ones from Cotton Babies. I hated the ones from Bum Genius, thought they were too rough.

I have the one-size Bum Genius, and my only complaint is that I have to pull the liner out and stuff it after washing. With this diaper, it has snaps that you can use to size the diaper, so you can use it for much longer as baby gets bigger. We started out with the all-in-one size small Bum Genius, and I loved them. I kinda wished I had bought the mediums, and then larges as Bren grows. It would have cost more, but been much less work.

Washing them is easy. I just put them on a sanitary cycle, extra rinse with a pre-wash. Takes about 2 1/2 hours. Then I pop them in the dryer on medium for a bout an hour. I have 20 diapers, and that lasts me 2 days, so I am washing every other day.

How do you make your own wipes? Sounds interesting, especially as I buy wipes by the box!

from what I've seen, you mix lavender oil with water and soak bits of cloth in there! it sounded a bit simple to me...I'm going to look online and see if there is anything else about it so if there is I'll let you know! I think I'd still use disposable wipes for poos but for wees I'm going to try with the reusables especially since I'm always putting washing on anyway!

i love it so much....we make our own cloth wipes too out of organic bamboo fabric...and i make my own wipe solution too!...luv luv luv
so i take 3 cups boiled water, steep a chamomile or green tea bag for a minute or two, then add a tbsp of baby wash, a tbsp of apricot oil, and 2-4 drops of tea tree oil...then put in a squirt container and squirt on wipes when i need them....love it...ds hasnt had a reaction to it so we are good lol

i do :) Atleast, I do during the day when we're at home or not on long outings.

I love fuzzi bunz.

from what I've seen, you mix lavender oil with water and soak bits of cloth in there! it sounded a bit simple to me...!

google "baby bits soap" and it'll come up with some lovely organic (I think) soap cubes. I mix these with water in a sprayer and use it on fabric wipes. Smells lovely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->