• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloth Diapers :)

kiwilove

Reaction score
So I have finally finished my stash of cloth diapers. A total of 44 diapers. 16 are pre loved, I have stripped them and they are ready for use! They are a mix of alva and fuzzibunz. 28 just came in the mail today from kawaii diapers and still need to be prepped. I have a total of 6 large wetbags, 1 medium and 1 small wetbag. The large wet bags dont seem large enough for a pail so am figuring I will need pail liners.
Question; is there a store bought detergent that will be safe to use to clean the diapers?
Also I have heard of using dawn original to strip the diapers, could I use this to wash my diapers daily? I figure if it is good enough to strip then it should be good to clean as well?
IS there anything else I need. Any advice on what did and did not work?
I really want this to work for us so would like all the info I can get :flower:

I just use whatever non biological powder I have in - no fabric softener.

You could use washing up liquid I suppose but it will bubble a lot so you will end up doing tons and tons of rinses. I would probably strip with the liquid then just use powder and go back to washing up liquid if you need to strip again further down the line.

Do you have fleece liners and wraps? The liners are an extra layer between baby's bum and the nappy it helps keep moisture away from the skin and the wraps are good to make sure that if a nappy leaks it doesn't get onto clothes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->