cloth from birth

princessellie

Pregnant with #3
Reaction score
ok so im adamant that this new baby will be in cloth from the second she is born but i just dont know which nappies to buy, leyla wasnt in full time cloth till she was about 6 months, maybe even later so i always just got btp with a few sized thrown in for good luck lol, but btp wont fit newborns and im worried smalls wont either? for those who have clothed since birth what did you use? i am not keen on terry nappies or muslins or anything like that, would prefer actual nappies, i will be making her some prefolds for the first week but i cant even remember how big leyla was by a week so i dont know if she would fit into smalls then?

help :flower:

x

i plan to have alfie in cloth from birth for him i have some preloved smart nappies and 2 new outers and 5 new inners,newborn also some bummis organic prefolds, bambooty and some others to try from birth :)

I have Travis in bamboozle stretch, blueberry & motherease wraps, small ittis (AIO are better than SIO) and BBOS, theyre all working well for us so far!

I also plan on using from birth. I have some mothercare smart nappies, newborn have a notch cut out to allow for cord stump and they take disposable inserts so no nasty merconium on your reuasble inserts. Also the reusable inserts can be used as boosters in the larger sizes so would probably be ok for booster use in other nappies

ETA - to add they fit 4-11lb

hmm i might get some mothercare smart nappies then, atm all i have that will work is 2 newborn prowraps but i obv need more than that lol, all of my others look HUGE compared to the prowraps which is why im worried, if those fit then surely the rest of my little smalls stash wont?

x

I liked diddy diapers, bimbles, nature babies stuffables lites and small lollipop nappies when Isaac was tiny. We also got some very cute tiny pockets made from a US etsy seller.

What about tots bots size 0/1? We didnt use cloth till 10 weeks so he was in mediums by then so not sure on small tbh hun

I haven't done it yet but have been looking into it. I took my IUD out last night and we are starting to try soon so I can't help looking. I know I'll be getting some preemie and newborn prefolds...but I love prefolds for that age range. I'm also looking at these

https://shop.thegoodmama.com/category_s/222.htm

https://hyenacart.com/BubuBebe/index.php?c=32

https://www.muttaqinbaby.com/store/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=catshow&ref=nb

https://hyenacart.com/cuties/

https://hyenacart.com/stickypeas/

Lots more fitteds but also XS Fuzzi Bunz and BG

we're planning on cloth from birth with our next baby (we're ntnp atm)
so far i have a small ecobubs and a totsbots teenyfit
They're both very cute!!

Missy Moo will be in cloth from birth and we have the new Tots Bots Teeny Fits (5-12lb) and hope that it won't be long before her small Ittis fit.

I can't be fussed with fitteds and wraps!

xxx

I've actually got some btp pocket ones (similar to eBay pockets I guess?) that are working ok for Lucy (just started today as I am confident all meconium is finally out of there). She has a bit of a comically large bum as a result, and she isn't a small baby (8lbs+ at birth).
Have been through a few changes of pees and a poo already.

Hmmm we didn't use cloth right from birth but started at 10 days. She wasn't exactly little (weighed 9lbs1oz at birth) and by then, she could easily wear a small itti with the wings just meeting in the middle, not crossed. How big was your Leyla when she was born, or how big are you expecting the new baby to be? We used mothercare smart nappies in small from 10 days and they were great to start with, until I got addicted to pretty fluff! I think they start from 6lbs and the newborn size go from 4lbs.

We used the ME Sandys with air flow wraps in small size. But again, Emma was a big baby, so newborn stuff didn't fit her for long anyway :)

leyla was 6lbs 10 but according to growth scan this baby will be more like 8lbs so if it is right maybe i wont have a problem anyways and can go straight onto smalls after the first few weeks...hmmmm

x

I also plan on using from birth. I have some mothercare smart nappies, newborn have a notch cut out to allow for cord stump and they take disposable inserts so no nasty merconium on your reuasble inserts.

I'll be using smart nappies from the start too, with the disposie inserts for the meconium too, but just bear in mind that with SNs the poo goes EVERYWHERE- all over the outer cos of the gussetty bit so that *will* stain, meconium or not.

Ellie i've got a big stash of smalls, in size order they seem to go like this... newborn smart nappies, XS BGs, Tots Bots TeenyFit, Small WNSS, Small BGs/swaddlebees, ittis, small BBs.

i have put aside my LL size 1s and plan to get smart nappies... i used medium smart nappies with hunter at 11 lbs and they were great until i got into the pretties. Then I will just wait til he fits in hunters nappies since hunter was in them at 11lbs and if its a girl, i'll buy girly fluff in more sensible sizes

yeah the smart nappies have elastic at the gusset that stains, no amount of sun or vanish will stop it from being gray after all the scrubbing but they are a good price especially preloved

I'm just bothered about the inserts getting stained :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->