cloth mishaps!!!

diz

Reaction score
So Noah is a week old now, and i decided yesterday to try out his cloth nappies.

1st one was a SBOV with WN wrap - fine. Then at night i put a BG which he soaked through and wetted all of his cloths, then a Swaddlebees Pocket, again he soaked through it wetting all of his cloths, and then a weenotions pocket which he soaked through wetting all of his cloths. This all happened between the hours of midnight and 6 this morning....... ummmmm..... changing nappies at this time is one thing, but having to change all of his cloths as well is another.

Even though the fitteds with the wraps haven't soaked his cloths, the nappies themselves do get absolutely sodden all up to the waste band and therefore make his back and tummy all damp with pee.

So today i'm going to stick with fiteds and wraps, and use disposables at night until i get the hang of things...... i don't want to be put off using them.

Congrats on trying out cloth :happydance: pity about the leakage though.

are all your nappies pre-washed?

maybe they haven't reached their full absorbency yet?

yep... most of them are preloved, and the ones i've purchased new have been washed 4 times as have the boosters.

He's been really grumpy all day. I've just changed him out of a little lamb, which was just wet and not soaked. What i'm not liking at the moment is the way the whole nappy soaks the wee, so all the wast, hips, back and belly get wet. I have put one of the mother care smart nappies on him, so that should :wacko: keep the wee on the booster and not wick all up the nappy. I also have G-diapers which are the same principle, but they are a little too large at the moment.

Are you using a fleece liner with your fitteds?? I use LLs and find his skin feels pretty dry if I use a fleece linerbut I need to change much more if I use a disposable liner

thats why i'm not keen on fitteds - pockets keep the wetness away from the skin - try a fleece liner that should help!! well done with getting into cloth so quickly!!

sara

xxxxxxx

congrats on your little boy and being brave enough to try cloth out!

I agree with Sara personally, i've decided i prefer pockets aswell as the whole nappy doesn't get wet. What inserts did u use on your BG?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->