Cloth Nappies-I need an idiots guide

I looked at the wonderoos as they did look good, but they were £15 each and then Iwould need to buy the boosters too, making them double the price of all the other one I had been looking at. I priced all together for the 20 I need at £330, which it about £100 more than the alternatives I had in mind. Shame though cause Ido like the idea of pocket nappies, just seem expensive to me, unless I slowly built up a seletion from ebay, but Iwant to be able to get the essentials in one hit.

at the moment i am liking the idea of pocket nappies more. Dior wees an awfull lot i have to change her twice through the night with pampers. so i like the idea of filling them up more. if we are i the house just put one filler in, if we are going out for a while fill it up a bit more. and that they dont need liners.

the 2 i am getting are
Mothease OneSize
OneLife One Size
and a wrap so i am going to try these and try the fuzzi pocket bappy then see whiuch i am liking most pocket or the ones that need wraps.

its so new to me it making my head spin but i have been searching ebay having a good look and i am slowly getting my head round it

It is really really confusing, it took me ages to understand the difference. I did find the babykind website really useful for listing the pros and cons of each nappy.

Cat I don't know how you feel about 2nd hand nappies but the wonderoos I bought were in fab condition and cost me £6 each. It's worth keeping an eye out.

I don't use a lot of pocket nappies, just find shaped and wraps more reliable.

I do have a couple just for show off/occasional use and don't find them more expensive TBH. You can buy WAHM pockets from the US really cheap whilst the exchange rate is good. I just bought one for about £7.50 inc P+P which is cheaper than a Bamboozle! :D

what does WAHM mean?

do these need any thing else other then somthing to fill them?

WAHM - Work at Home Mum.

These are when women sew nappies from home to make money. Lots of the well-known brands in the UK are WAHM or at least started that way, including Minki and Weenotions.

They're not any different.

PS Dionne, got you PO today thankyou! Will post nappies later :D

i heard on the radio that cloth nappies were not much more better for the environment that disposable ones?

becks xxxx:muaha:

That is baed on research where they had a small group of cloth nappy users who boiled washed the nappies, tumbled dried them and even ironed. No wonder there was no difference.

You mean you don't!! Tsk tsk such a sloppy mother aren't you :) I do mine the same time as I iron my socks and pants.

You mean you don't!! Tsk tsk such a sloppy mother aren't you :) I do mine the same time as I iron my socks and pants.

I should be ironing my size 20 bridget jones' but cant be assed!:rofl:

'I on in' nope doesn't sound familiar. I think it's that thing Matt does lol

its the stuff that keeps overflowing over my worksurface. Weird stuff, never seems to go away

What you do, Beanie, is stuff everything in the wardrobe, then when you're in a rush to get ready you just give it a quick shake and ironing becomes something you don't give two hoots about. :rofl:

I can highly recommend it as an alternative. I haven't used an iron in months!

Ooh sounds a plan. Anyway is the crumpled look in now??

oh so u mean tht board and metaly/plastic thing in my cupboard has a use?!!!!

Ooh sounds a plan. Anyway is the crumpled look in now??
It's all relative. When you've given them a good shake after taking them out of the wardrobe they look less crumpled than before and therefore not crumpled or as I like to think of it "naturally ironed". :rofl:

I found this site https://www.littlelamb.co.uk/shopmain.php

I bought one to look at as we are interested in re-usables. It's the cutest, softest thing, I wanted to wear it :happydance:

anyway I got a microfiber one, or something along those lines. I washed it and drapped it over one of those radiator racks. It was dry within 2 hours.

I am going to wait now to try when Bubba arrives, and if all goes well I will get these. I know they are not pretty colours but the packs are cheaper. And you get a bucket or two ;)

will the polysester fluffles make baby hot and sweaty? It's a fleecey one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->