cloth nappies & nappy rash

caz81

Reaction score
I wondered if cloth nappies make nappy rash less likely to happen? My daughter has nappy rash and would be willing to switch to cloth nappies if its going to make it less likely to happen... i dont want to switch if not just yet as where we are living we have the most rubbish washing machine that you have to add hot water by hand (not even joking!) so dont want to add to my washing load! we are moving back to uk next month so may consider a switch either way then...sorry for the big essay!!

It depends on the baby I think, Freya has never had nappy rash, but don't know if she would have done in sposies. I think it is generally better for their skin as there are no chemicals in cloth nappies and if you use a fleece liner too it's really soft on their bum.

You could try a couple and see if her rash gets better? You would only need to buy a few that way, and could get them pre-loved so they were cheaper.

Or you could get a few cheap new ones and see how you go then buy more if they work?

That washing machine sounds like a nightmare!

we very rarely had nappy rash and when she has had a few spots it's because of teething. Cloths more breathable than sposies so should in theory be better for the skin but as with everything baby related, it's not set in stone!

Leyla has only had nappy rash when I used disposables for a week when we went to stay with my mum. If your washing situation is difficult, you could try adding a fleece liner to your disposables for a while (just a fleece blanket cut up into rectangles works well) and see if that helps? It wouldn't make the nappies as breathable as disposables but it might help keep your LO's bum dry and away from the chemicals in the nappy and it'd be softer too.

If you want to try some cheap cloth nappies, I love the ebay cheapies - naughty baby nappies.

it depends hun.. i have had a really nasty few bouts of nappy rash but it was definatelly related to teething:cry: but other than that we havent had any :thumbup: IMO if you change the nappy regularly enough i cloth then you are far more less likely to get NR (tho you do have to change cloth morre regularly than sposies, and if you dont could you could end up woth more NR as they are in wet nappies for longer IYGWIM?? i would defo recommend trying a few, maybe to just do cloth through the day for maybe a few hours and see how you get on with that.... that washing machine sounds like a total nightmare! bet you cant wait to get back to UK and make life easier!

if you want to have a little tester of cloth for now dependig on where you are i would definately recommend some e bay cheapies...just e bay search Naughty Baby Nappies and that should bring up some for you.... they are usually about 3 for £17 ish??

hope this helped some hun

sara

xxxxx

tbh i woudlnt recmomend until the nappy rash has gone, leylas had a few bad bouts of nappy rash and every time ive had to put her into disposables cos u cant use nappy cream in cloth nappies, so put her in disposable until the rash has cleared then back in cloth

cloth nappies of course are generally better for the skin cos theres no nasty chemicals in them but for the sake of getting rid of nappy rash i would just wait until u get a better washing machine hun

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->