• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Cloth nappy rash

xQuinnx

Reaction score
Yet another question about cloth nappies sorry!

At the min we use cotton prefolds and covers and we have a couple of pockets we like too. Regards of which one I change my little girl every 3 hours at most, sometimes every 2 (or straight of she poos) but she seems to have a bit of a rash.
I've seen it before a bit with disposables too but I wanted to get other people's thoughts.
In between her butt cheeks gets quite red and she's had this with disposables, normally lots of air time and frequent changing helps. This time with cloth however she's getting a similar looking rash on her privates as well. Could it be because of the wetness? Am I best to try some liners (if so which ones??) or do I try a different kind of prefold?
Sometimes I love using cloth but other times I hate it :-/

Forgot to say currently using cloth wipes and water

Have you ever strip washed your nappies? Might be a little build up in your stash. I had an issue with rash at one stage early on and carried out a strip wash, �then twthen tweaked my wash routine. Never had any rash issue since.

No never stripped them. Been using them about 6 weeks but I know it took a little time for me to get the wash/detergent sorted and there were a couple of times I thought I might have used too much but as it didn't affect the absorbency I carried on...think my little girl might be teething too so maybe that's affecting it? Will try stripping them thank you :)

At least a strip won't do any harm and you can rule build up out if her rash continues. Hope the rash clears up very quickly.

Fleece liners will help. Also, make sure it's not a yeast rash. Those tend to appear in folds and places where skin touches skin. If it's a yeast rash, it is easy to treat, but you have to treat it differently. These are especially common after a course of antibiotics, but can occur otherwise.

Thank you :) bought some liners and stripping nappies as we speak hopefully this will sort the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->