Cloth nappy virgin seeking advice!

Amy_T

Mummy of 3 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I was reading in a mothercare magazine about cloth nappies and thought it might be worth giving them a go - didn't realise you can get some that are so simple to use (I sort of imagined terry towelling and safety pins!).

Sooo, I just wondered if some of you lovely wise women could give me some advice, I'd be after ones as simple to use as possible and as reasonably priced as possible!

Also - do they come in particular sizes...how does it all work?!!

I'm in the UK btw, just trying to find out if my local council helps out or not (although not holding my breath!).

Thanks in advance.

Amy

LOL i think thats what everybody imagines when they first think of cloth nappies :rofl:

there a many different types now,
littlestar has an aticle with what you need to know here

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/01/cloth-nappies-getting-started/

and theres a FAQ article here

https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/2010/04/cloth-nappies-faqs/

hope they help

you can buy sized or birth to potty, it depends on your preference :D

good luck!

Thank you, I shall check all that out now!

Just found out my local council helps out which is good - if I spend £60 they refund £30, if I spend £100 or more they refund £50 so thinking that's pretty good?

Any specific recommendations?!

best advice i can give is go for a few that 'take your fancy' as everyone has different preferences.

your on ball this morning sez! :rofl:

i try me best :rofl:

it depends what you want to try, have a look thru the baby pic thread

also if you dont mind pre- loved -you can have a look on cloth nappy tree for some bargains :hugs:

I secont Littlestar's advice! Just try different kinds to find what brand suits you (and baby) best. Buying a few preloved is the best way to go. :)

I might do that re. the pre-loved, get a few ideas - suppose its a trial and error thing once baby arrives. Thanks everyone, will definitely be giving cloth a go and hanging round the forums a bit to get some ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->