Cloth/Reusable Nappies

Pyrrhic

Reaction score
Are utterly brilliant.

When I was first pregnant, OH mentioned that he wanted to use these and I said no way. I hate the thought of putting poo in my washing machine! I didn't even look into it! However Niamh started to get quite red with normal disposable nappies, so I started reading up on them and I couldn't have been more wrong with my first impressions. I love them!

They are SO soft against her skin, and she is much happier now. Her bum isn't as red, she's easier to clean and I don't have to worry about dirty nappies smelling up my bin.

She has two types. Tot Bot Bmboozles: https://www.totsbots.com/nappies/range/original-tots/

and mothercare smart nappies: https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=76484031&mcb=core

They both use liners which catch the poo and get chucked in the toilet and flushed, and then they have pads which catch the wee. With the smart nappies these can be disposable or reusuable and you either bin them or soak them and then put them on just a rinse cycle in the washing machine.

With the tot bots you just put the whole thing in the wash.

I really can't recommend them highly enough! You can even buy trial packs (Smart nappies at £10 per trial, tot bots are £15) and they are definitly worth trying out! :)

I wanted to try cloth bum OH said no way and tbh I wanted him to change the nappies too :rofl:

I was stressed during pregnancy and I asked questions regarding cloth bums whist pregnant that I ended up confused and didn't want to create further fuss to becoming a new Mummy (if that makes sense).

Caitlins been lucky she has only had a bum rash with teething signs and actual teething. I think this option is probbaly another 'not enough information & support for' situation? ONly thing I ever seen was 'you'll get a grant' < great until I seen all the different makes materials and ways :rofl:

you can burrow my first sized mios if you want wobbs? that way you can try them and not spend anything out... they are surprisingly easy.

Sent you a PM back hun
Think Ill stick to what I know ...although thank youuuu :hugs: anyway OH said he won't change nappies if I use them lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->