cloth vs sposies about nappy rash

celine

Reaction score
I keep getting mixed advice about nappy rash and cloth, some say cloth is better, some say use sposies and some say its all the same. Please help - whats your verdict my poor lo has a bright red bum and i use a natural callendular/chammomille cream on it and will use chammomille teabags in his bath tonight but for a night nappy should I whip out a sposie or contnue in cloth?
(my lo is currently 24/7 cloth bum except over last weekend when we were away in paris)

Whip out a sposie. I use Nature Baby disposables (they are Swedish so presume you can get them in the Netherlands too). More natural materials in them than Pampers etc.

tx jane, will look out for those, I know I can find eco-sposies round here too. Ive already put him to bed in a night nappy though, may change him in the middle of the night to a sposie.
tx for your help :)

I would have to agree,purely because he has bad nappy rash at the moment,I would go for an eco sposie for night.I've never had an issue with nappy rash from cloth but I do find sposies keep the wetness away from skin that little bit better.

The only other thing I'll say is tomorrow,let him have lots of nappy off time :thumbup: I always find fresh air to be the best thing for nappy rash.Hope it clears up soon xx

teething can cause rashes due to the increase in ammonia in their urine, Q still gets the odd rash but it does tend to be around the emergence of a new tooth.

a little nappy free time normally does the trick with a little natural cream.

I'd say stick with cloth but have lots of nappy free time. Sorts out my lo's occasional redness from teething.

u shouldnt need to go bk to reusables, my lo started getting a rash n we just let her have more nappy free time than normal, we've also just switched to reusable wipes so don't know if that made a softener aswell but her rash has gone completely. Also change her nappy just a little more often than normal.X

Tx for all your tips! Will try more nappy-off time tomoorw fx for good weather cos he has his back molars coming and the teething poo from it is aweful, he seems be be pooing so often im thinking it probably contributed to the nasty rash :(

A gets a red bum from sposies (and poo always gets up his back! Haha) so i give him nappy off time. I try to avoid PUL for night time too.

yup - i'd go for cloth with loads of nakee baby bum time. My LO used to have a perma-sore bum in sposies, but hasn't had a sore bum once since being in cloth!

Personally I think cloth is better in general, but if nappy rash appears (mainly around teething time) then I struggle to clear it up with cloth, and resort to a day of disposables. LO had such bad rash the other weekend (teething and OH didn't realise he'd poo'd :dohh:) that it bled :( it looked SO painful I nearly cried :cry:. It's only just cleared up properly.

I tried nappy free time but he kept weeing on the carpet!!!!!!!:rofl:

Bjl - check these out :)

bubbamoo.com.au/products/wee-cone-various-colours

dopeyjopey, that is hilariuos! just laughed out loud! I've never seen anything like that!
how do they stay in place if LO is walking about though?

I think they're for when changing nappies really but i'd bet a bit of elastic would do the trick :haha:

Aisling's only had nappy rash a few times but it never occurred to me to take her out of cloth to be honest. I was always under the impression that LO's skin could breathe better in cloth :shrug:

Hope it clears up for him soon :hugs:

My LO has had nappy rash in the past, but mainly from me cheating and putting him in a sposie, for example after baby massage when I didn't want to get oil on his cloth! We were using some leftover huggies and worked out that it was these doing it! so I gave them away and now use nature baby care when away. These are great apart from some chaffing by the tabs at times.
Maybe an extra fleece liner in the cloth would keep the moisture away tho?

lol @ the wee cones, man we could use a walking poo one!
tx all, he is still in a sposie now as I changed him at 4am and will see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->