Cloth wipes, what do you recommend?

4boys4years

mum of 4 under 5
Reaction score
I've just bought myself some of those little travel bottles so i'm going to give cloth wipes a whirl. Last time round i had fleece which were ok but i'd prefer better, and i had to run to a tap to change him which was a pita.

What ones do you recommend? I want funky but practical and not too expensive (does anyone have any to sell to me :haha:)

And do you make up your own solution? if so please share :flower:

Sick of accidentally washing disposable wipes and finding them screwed up in the machine :roll:

cheap wipes that are also pretty cute are Ellas House, They are £2 for five. I actually really like them and find I use them more than my weenotions ones!
I use So scrumptious wipes cubes now (if you get Ellas House wipes from bibs n bots you get cheaper wipes cubes) as I am addicted to the chocolatey smell :rofl:
Before I was using chamomile tea or water with a splash of natural wash...I prefer the wipes cubes though, they are really moisturising and scrummy.

We are thinking of trying the Cheeky Wipes, they seem quite good and not too expensive if we don't get on with them for whatever reason but will watch this with interest to see if any others are recommended :thumbup:

xxx

Ive started making my own wipes now. I have some which are fleece on one side and towelling on the other and some which are towelling and a funky cotton print on the other side... i make my own spray with water, baby oil and baby wash.

Oh and if you have a sewing machine is super quick to make your own. Im (still!) waiting on some bamboo towelling but I made a pile out of cut up fleece and an old cotton jersey T shirt and sewed them together, they do a fab job considering LOL

we use aveeno oil in the bath for Noah's eczema would a drop of this with water do the trick or could it irritate him? i really like the smell of it. Wipes cubes sound lush, off to look....

and will look at cheeky wipes too thanks x

Oh and if you have a sewing machine is super quick to make your own. Im (still!) waiting on some bamboo towelling but I made a pile out of cut up fleece and an old cotton jersey T shirt and sewed them together, they do a fab job considering LOL

i don't have a sewing machine but desperately want one :cry: i have a pile of unusable clothes in a bag that i'm reluctant to throw out, they'd be ideal

Ive been using cheeky wipes since Alex was born, they work brilliantly for us and cant fault them :thumbup:
Theyre not pretty though, just plain white

hmm just had a look at the ellas house ones but not sure about them. I like the look of the imse vimse ones, are they bigger? The EH ones look small and similar to my rubbish basic fleece ones i had, i'd kinda like a nice neat set too :blush:

off to check cheeky wipes now...

Ellas house are hemp and fleece (some both sides are hemp) and are 13cm x 16/17cm which is a pretty decent size :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->