Clothes Sizes

ExpectingK

Reaction score
Why are they so different?

I fit in a size 6 trouser in next, size 8 in Matalan and size 10 in Sainsburys TU range. My Nike gym shorts are large.

Long length is sometimes not that long but other times way too long! And then you even get problems within the same shop!

Drives me mad.

hahaha I know! I am a 6 to, but do you not find is soo difficult to find size 6s?

hahaha I know! I am a 6 to, but do you not find is soo difficult to find size 6s?

I don't think I am a 6, probably an 8-10. I just find it hard to find trousers or jeans to fit me full stop! Being smaller doesn't make clothes shopping any easier. :nope:

I totally agree! I have no bum no hips and see finding trousers to fit!!! spend my life in leggings

im the same. size 6-8 in primark, 10-12 in sainsburys, tesco etc & size 14 in new look!!

but im tall & skinny no trousers just dont fit me at all except primarks!

all the others either fit round my middle & are too short or the right length but 3 sizes too big round my middle!!

xx

I have clothes ranging from a size 6 to a size 14. Nightmare! And according to my measurements on ASOS I should be buying a size 16 (I'm 9 stone?!) but even their size 12 is big on me.

I always have to go a size smaller in Sainsburys. I can even hit the age 13-14 stuff! I go smaller in Matalan too - but I'm a size 12

I'm a 14 in H&M. I've never been a 14 anywhere!

I'm the same. Even trousers and jeans from the same store that are the same size don't fit sometimes! In new look I'm easily a 14, but I can get into an 8 in a lot of stores! I average out a 10-12 wide wide hips. Pre-pregnancy my waist was only 20-22 inches depending on the day and whether aunt flo was visiting or not!

This is me:

643969_543038355752597_1792498186_n.jpg

Not the best photo but it's rare I'll let anyone take a full body length photo!

And me and sister:
602604_394269080629526_457226959_n.jpg

I'm the same. Even trousers and jeans from the same store that are the same size don't fit sometimes!

I've been caught out by this before. I once found a pair of jeans that fitted - miracle. So I bought a second pair and merrily hid them away for next year. Next year comes and I get out the new jeans to find them too big and too long. Way too late to return. I tried washing them on a really hot wash, they ended up shorter but not small enough round the waist!!

I think the inconsistency has got worse in recent years. People can't buy me clothes as gifts as can't say for sure what size I am. Isn't there an industry standard?

Nope there isn't,but you can google and it tells you the difference in inches between diff shops. But to me it doesn't help! I'm bigger than you, but I have 2 pairs of jeans in a 16 both from next and one pair are a snug fit and the others hang off lol! Xx

So annoying! Makes ordering online difficult x

Ugh I hate this! Bought 2 pairs of trousers on Friday. One from Next, size 10 and they're too loose. The others are from H&M, size 14 and I can only do them up of I don't breath :dohh:. Dorothy Perkins are bad too, their clothes are massive. I bought a pair of jeans from there when I had DD so that I could kid myself I was smaller than I was :haha:.

Ugh I hate this! Bought 2 pairs of trousers on Friday. One from Next, size 10 and they're too loose. The others are from H&M, size 14 and I can only do them up of I don't breath :dohh:. Dorothy Perkins are bad too, their clothes are massive. I bought a pair of jeans from there when I had DD so that I could kid myself I was smaller than I was :haha:.

I find DPs about equal to New Look and Next and usually they're fine but I bought a pair of jeans from there that were tiny! Xx

I don't find getting clothes too difficult size wise but length!!!! UGH! I'm quite short and I find it so difficult to find jeans that fit my short legs. I was looking for some trousers for the gym and even the 3/4 lengths were too long (or like ankle swingers yuck). Only pair of jeans I've found were from Evans and even theyre still a bit too long (27inch in the leg) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->