Clothes

TheNewMrsB

Harry's Mummy
Reaction score
Atm I'm just wearing jeans and vest tops with a nursing bra but I feel like I have to expose myself a lot to feed. That's ok at home but a bit embarrassing if I go round the in laws and I havent nursed in public yet.

What are you ladies wearing? Can anyone recommend any good brands/online sites etc? The cheaper the better.

Thank you

Atm I'm just wearing jeans and vest tops with a nursing bra but I feel like I have to expose myself a lot to feed. That's ok at home but a bit embarrassing if I go round the in laws and I havent nursed in public yet.

What are you ladies wearing? Can anyone recommend any good brands/online sites etc? The cheaper the better.

Thank you

Well, they aren't cheap but I got lots of nice stuff from Milknursingwear.com. I needed good clothes though, I work in an office and pump every day. They work good for church and stuff too.

I am a little irritated that there are plenty of options for the 6ish months you need maternity wear, but women are encouraged to breastfeed for at least a year (really 2+), yet nursing wear is hard to find, doesn't flatter (half the time it is nursing+maternity so loose in belly!), expensive....it's so irritating.

Old Navy online... cheaper and they work... but annoying because they sell out and don't restock, grr!

I gave up on nursing wear long ago. I go with the one up one down approach. I wear a vest top with a top over the top. To feed, I pull the vest top down and lift one side of the other top up to cover up with. It's the most discrete way I've found! I do the opposite with dresses such as jersey dresses, so I lift the vest top up from underneath so I remain covered.

I gave up on nursing wear long ago. I go with the one up one down approach. I wear a vest top with a top over the top. To feed, I pull the vest top down and lift one side of the other top up to cover up with. It's the most discrete way I've found! I do the opposite with dresses such as jersey dresses, so I lift the vest top up from underneath so I remain covered.

Yeah, I think that is why there is not such a market for nursing wear. But I work in an office, in a hot and humid state (although it is finally getting cooler) and that means you have to have TWO clean shirts every day...

Yeah I made the mistake of wearing regular work clothes on Monday and oh man I paid for it.... its cold in our office but hot outside after work some days still, so I wear layers... and it was such a pain to pump because I didn't think about all the layers I'd have to push up oops. Cold for pumping so need a tank I can pull down... I fixed some spaghetti strap tanks to attach to my nursing bras... need to do that for more tanks... so I can be covered (more warm) while pumping... lift up one shirt and unstrap tank etc... so minimally uncovered... helpful for pumping and also for nursing!

I found nursing friendly clothing harder in the summer... to be able to not be exposed but not be wearing layers because hot argh... so had to wear more tops made specifically for nursing then.

I wear a vest top underneath a normal top so I can pull on up and one down :)

I also have 2 nursing tops I managed to get on my local buy and sell page on Facebook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->