Clots and pain but closed cervix (TMI alert)

Longwait4baby

Reaction score
Hi all, just wanted some help or advice with this.

By my calculations I should have been 8 weeks pregnant today. I had some light bleeding last Thursday so was sent for an early scan, we saw the heartbeat (internal scan) but was told I was only 6 weeks. I came home happy but a little confused. I continued to bleed very lightly all weekend and then yesterday I was cramping on and off all day and the bleeding got a little heavier. Last night I was sat on my couch and I felt something come out of me. I went to the loo and there was a "blob" in my knickers (sorry TMI) I started bleeding really heavily and passed some more clots. My husband took me to A and E and they said it was more than likely i had miscarried.

I waited for hours and was put on a drip due to the amount of blood I had lost and by the time the gynea dr got round to see me the bleeding had calmed down, he examined me and said that my cervix was closed and i was no longer bleeing but he couldn't confirm either way if I had miscarried or not????

I'm still bleeding now but it's gone back to being very light and I am in no pain at all.

I'm going in for another scan sometime today but I feel so confused? Deep down I know what I felt and what I saw... Is the gynea dr just being nice and giving me false hope? Can I still have lost my baby with a closed cervix? Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

We tried for 3 and a half years to get pregnant and I've always felt since the day we found out that is was too good to be true

Hi. I had a miscarriage yesterday. I was 7 weeks. All I can say is the pain was horrific yesterday afternoon. It was more than cramps. I passed the sac (which was clearly visible) and about 9 pm last night, something else passed that was grey and red. I have pains on and off today too. I don't want to give you false hope but there was no mistaking my m/c. I understand what this means to you. We are 4 years trying now and it never sunk in with me I was pregnant. I do hope you are ok and everything is fine. Just re another point you made, I am bleeding heavily today not lightly so I hope you will be ok. Sorry If I gave you tmi. Take care xx

Hope your ultrasound goes okay and that they can tell you what exactly happened. It's more than likely that you miscarried although I have to agree with the previous post and say my miscarriages always included cramping/pain on the symptom list. Good luck.

Thank u both for your replies. I'm still in no pain and not really bleeding (just a little pink when I wipe). I have been having twinges in my tummy though, they don't hurt as such they kinda feel like stretching. I'm 99% sure I have lost this baby but a tiny part of me is wondering if I will see a miracle on that screen tomorrow. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks again x

Just a quick update. Have been for a scan and they have confirmed my baby has gone.

Thank you for the replies to my post x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->