Co-codomol...side effects?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had side effects taking co codomol?

I haven't been well for the last 2 days and my GOD...Co Codomol has made me worse...i have never felt so quesy and sick!!...i didn't know it could do that to you!...has anyone had a similar experience? x

Yes, it made me feel like crap when i took it for my back...:sick: made me really tired too.

Makes me high, I cant take anything like that anymore as i feel high and numb at the same time. then i get a rotting stomach and heaving for a day or two after it. I am a sensitive one.
I took sulphadine and ended up in hospital covered in a rash and itching from head to toe. Took a reaction to that.

I am now scared of pain killers even paracetamol. Migralieve i had to take for migrains and it was only one i could swollow and it took about an hour to get myself to actually put it in my mouth for fear of what pain killers are like for me.

Hi hun.I to also get a reaction to co codomol.Its the codiene in it that makes you feel queasy.I only ever take one and as the others said with food or at least a glass of milk.My doctor has just prescribed me with codiene phosphate and I seem to manage that better and I can take paracetomol with it to.Can I ask why you are taking it?Ie if its toothache then ibroprofen is better as it's a anti inflammtory (SP)

i take co-codamol for bad stomach pains but havent since being pregnant they used to knock me about something rotten especially if taken on an empty tummy.

make sure you eat something and let it settle in your tummy first

Lou
xxx

Thank God i thought it was just me...i too felt sleepy...i had to give my bubs to my OH and sleep for a good 3hours!...i was so dizzy and drowsy...it kinda scared me! Even though the hospital told me to take them im not going to now...iv never felt so bad in my life!...iv felt really bad aswell as i havent been able to play with my bubs like i usually do :(

Yuhuh, I have had some horrendous side effects in the past, now I can't touch the stuff, I get excruciating stomach cramps from it... urgh

i used to be able to take them before i had Riley now theres no chance i get such bad stomach ache and i float its horrible!!

It completely knocks me out, I took it when I had SPD and think every time I tok it I slept for like 14 hours straight.

xxx

Yeah, co-codamol's a bit of a bitch. Perhaps try taking paracetamol on it's own, or if that's not enough some ibuprofen (as long as you're okay taking ibuprofen - no asthma etc) aswell. (Or t'other way round if it's for inflammation, eg try ibuprofen and if that's not enough paracetamol on top).

Yes it makes you sick and makes you very tired - do not drive on it. Tramadol is much the same - it depends what you are taking it for but when I bruised my rib I lived with the pain rather than take co-codimal because being sick was hurting my rib

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->