Co sleeping and BD'ing

Dimples81

Reaction score
Hiya everyone ,

I'm busy jumping the gun a bit at the moment but hoping to ttc soon and looking at some of the sleeping arrangements out there in advance to try and make some informed decisions about different parenting styles. Hoping to EBF and liking the look of the various co sleeper type cribs out there rather than have baby in bed with us but also very aware of hubby's needs and wondered what / if any impact the co sleeping could potentially have on sex life? Is it impossible if baby isn't in their own bed/cot? Does anyone want to share thoughts please? Thank you. I don't know anyone who hasn't put their baby in their own crib etc so don't really have anyone to advise. :blush:
Thanks.

Its never too soon to plan =) I’ve done co-sleeping with all of my children and it has definitely affected my sex life. For one child I kept a bassinet next to the bed. Sometime she would remain sleep in it long enough for me to do anything. It was always an awkward feeling.

We tried a co-sleeper once for a different baby, and that worked better than a bassinet. This was probably because he could still see us. Once again.. still awkward with baby right there.

Later babies co-slept until a year old. We now reserve intimacy for date nights.

We started off.with baby in a bassinette next to the bed and we.would.just DTD really quietly. Around 4-5 months we starred putting him to sleep in his room until his first wakeup then bring him to bed so we have some time to ourselves in the evening :)

We have always just DTD in another room and it was never a problem.

As above. We have sex in the lounge usually.

We just DTD in another room once LO was asleep :thumbup:

yup, same for us :) Different room and all is fine. We are more selfish though and usually keep the bed for ourselves while DD naps in the living room during the day :D

Oh, and we co-sleep with DD on a mattress next to ours for the first part of the night, and then I take her next to me after the 3 o'clock feeding till the morning. Just because she smells oh-so-nice :D

We've hardly had sex, but it's not as a result of bed-sharing. I just haven't been into it... When we have done it, however, we just wait until she's asleep and try to not wake her up. She has woken up before and we just stop and she thinks we're cuddling. Then she wants cuddles too. If it's too awkward for you to do it in the same bed, just use another room, as others have said.

Well...we broke the couch :blush: We just do it in another room :)

I feel uncomfortable having sex with baby too close to us, definitely not in the same bed for us. But she sleeps well upstairs until we come to bed so we do it in the living room, as above are saying. However she sleeps so well we're thinking when we move house to a place with her own room we will put her to sleep in that room (probably on a mattress so I can continue with our nice lying down breastfeed to sleep routine) so we can use our bed again :) When we went to bed we would take her in with us. She is used to being shifted around when we get in anyway hehe X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->