• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

co-sleeping and naps

QueenFrost

6-1-14 a boy!
Reaction score
I was determined not to cosleep when I was pregnant, being paranoid of SIDS. But when my lo was born, he refused to sleep anywhere but right up against me or in his swing. Not in a bassinet, not in a cosleeper next to me in bed.

He quickly grew out of his swing. He was wearing 12 month clothes at 6 months. We had the most powerful swing designed for use up to toddler age, but he was so heavy at 5 months it barely moved on the highest setting.

So, the only way I could get him to nap was to start lying down and breastfeeding him for naps, too. If I try to sneak away, he will wake up in a few minutes and cry. I've tried getting up while he was still awake but drowsy, that never works.

I'd like to have him sleep by himself for naps at least. Sometimes I think i want him to sleep by himself at night, but honestly, I enjoy cosleeping. There is nothing better at the end of a long day than snuggling up to a warm baby. I lie down next to him, he immediately curls up into fetal position and nurses while rubbing my arm and shoulder and face. I rub his back and hair and he falls asleep so quickly. It is relaxing and helps me fall asleep too.

How do you other cosleepers handle naps? He is 10 months now and I haven't gotten anything done. Ever. So glad I am a sahm now.

I remember going through that with my daughter. I just kept trying to sneak away until finally it worked. Sometimes I wore her in a wrap and walked until she slept and tried to transfer her, or I'd just let her sleep in the wrap while I got things done. I still nurse her to sleep at 27 months, but she has learned to rub my arm and stop nursing, and then I can sneak away when she's asleep.

I remember that phase as well. I worked on the sneak away. Sometimes I'd have to come back 2-3 times and repeat the process, but eventually the sneak away worked.

Thanks! I will keep trying the sneak away. :) I'm so glad my family is supportive of our cosleeping. My oh agrees we shouldn't let him cry. And when my mom watches lo, she holds him in the rocking chair while he sleeps. He's asleep right now, cuddled up to me. I could try to sneak away so I can clean up the kitchen....or I could just relax for an hour and play on my phone lol ;p

Thanks! I will keep trying the sneak away. :) I'm so glad my family is supportive of our cosleeping. My oh agrees we shouldn't let him cry. And when my mom watches lo, she holds him in the rocking chair while he sleeps. He's asleep right now, cuddled up to me. I could try to sneak away so I can clean up the kitchen....or I could just relax for an hour and play on my phone lol ;p

Exactly ;)

I remember that period was really frustrating because the sneak away was sooo hard, now he is 2 and it is so easy.

My LO is 23 months old and I still lay down with her for every nap. I nurse her to sleep and then lay there with her and read on my iPad, list things for sale on eBay, do any online shopping I need to do, or even take a nap myself. There are worse things in life :)

My LO took all her naps on me at first but eventually we started naps on the bed and I was able to sneak away in time. I still do that every evening now when she goes to bed for the night! :)

My LO took all her naps on me at first but eventually we started naps on the bed and I was able to sneak away in time. I still do that every evening now when she goes to bed for the night! :)

Oh yes, the sneak away is used at night as well! Almost forgot! Every night...

i could have written this post a month ago...seriously.
I kept trying the sneak away but it was useless until recently...now he plays hard and sleeps harder and now if I want it I have 3 free hours day. he was such a light sleeper...now I can hardly believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->