Co-sleeping? - experiences please. is it safe?

Jayneypops

Mum to 2 Fairy Princesses
Reaction score
Hi,

Our LO is 10 days old and some nights I end uo co-sleeping by default! I bring her in with us to feed and lie on my side. Before I know it im back asleep and when I wake LO is asleep too. I make sure the duvet and pillows are not near her, but still worry and DH tends to stay awake to watch her feed if hes awake.

I'd love to learn more about it from those experienced in doing it :)

Hi I did it most nights at some point with my lg who is now to and am currently doing it again with my now 5 month old.... Tho not by choice! To be honest as long as you are doing it safely then it's great we gave to get some sleep somehow! My son wakes every hour at least.. Not girl feeds just fussing and I know if I didn't cosleep I wouldn't be able to cope all day looking after 2 kids lol

Thanks. I too have a 2 year old to look after and LO is 10 days old so the co sleeping certainly means I am more able to function during the day!!

We started cosleeping early on (I don't remember anymore when we started, at least within the first couple weeks) and never looked back.
As long as you're following safe cosleeping guidelines, it's very safe. I really can't imagine our family doing any differently now, even though I said during my first pregnancy that we'd never let our kids sleep in our bed, lol.
I credit cosleeping with being able to breastfeed successfully. I was able to nurse at night on demand while still get lots of rest myself. I feel that cosleeping was important in helping me be the kind of parent I wanted to be, especially with our daytime separations, as I was working during a lot of my first son's infancy.
Our family loves cosleeping and our son loves bedtime and falling asleep curled up with mommy or daddy. It's a great way to end the day.

Co slept with all of 4 of ours till bout age 2. Still bf my almost 30month old and he sleeps all night now but you'd never manage on no sleep so as long as baby can't fall out of bed, wriggle under quilt and neither you nor hubby are drugged or drunk it's best all round when bf.

My LO was in a bassinet beside me until she outgrew it. At that point, she moved into our bed. I wasn't comfortable with her in the bed before that, even following safe cosleeping guidelines, but if she hadn't been so close, bfing at night would have been much harder. They say it's safe as long as you follow the guidelines, I just was too nervous to sleep that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->