Co-sleeping product recommendation

bky

:(
Reaction score
Just wondering if a mesh bed rail or a snugglenest would be a better option?
OH is finally coming around to the idea of co-sleeping (I've only been getting 4 hours max of sleep per day for a month now because LO wont sleep unless I'm holding her) and brought up the idea of a bed rail this morning all by himself!
It probably wont be full time but definitely during the next growth spurt.

No advice just can't believe your lo is already a month old - where did that time go?!

My vote is for the bed rail- you can reuse it later once LO is in a "big girl bed". My LO is a clingy one and a snuggle nest wouldn't have worked for us since she goes through phases where she needs to be in contact with me to sleep, like her hand on my arm, etc. and she probably would have spend most of the night out of the snugglenest anyway. hth :flower:

I'd say either a bed rail or if you've got room a co-sleeper cot. We went for the second option and its fantastic, plus i see it as an easier move into his cotbed when the time comes :cry:

We just used a normal drop side cot without the drop side, its securely attached to our bed and everything is securerd so there is no gap between the bed mattress and the cot mattress etc, and we made sure they are both the same height. It also means that Oliver gets to enjoy his cot mobile :) and we get more space in the bed :haha: I do still have Oliver in with me for a proper nuggle in a morning which is lovely :)

we have a low bed with a cotbed next to it as a bed, if you can't do that or have the bed against the wall i would vote for the guard but some are oly designed to go on single beds x

I had a snuggle nest and loved it :) Edward has just outgrown it. If you want one I'll sell it to you for £10 if you don't mind blue xx

Mine didn't really go for the snugglenest and it took up a lot of room, plus after you fed her you'd have to pick her up to put her in the nest and she'd wake up all over again.

We'd planed to get her a cot bed and have her sleep in our room when she got a bit bigger but it all just worked out that the cot bed with the side off was the exact height as the bed. (we have a divan so there's no gaps between ours and hers) it can be pressed up real tight and I have towels rolled up on the other side to make sure the cot mattress is firm against the bed. This gives us SOOO much space. I can either feed her laying half in the cot and then roll away when she's fallen asleep or have her snuggled next to me in the bed with no worries that if she rolls she'll fall off anywhere.

So I'd suggest a cot bed or a co-sleeper like the arm's reach one.

Thanks! :flower: I'd like to go for the bed rail until we can get a cotbed. We had planned on getting one by 6 months anyhow, but the ambynest just can't get close enough to me for LO's liking. I have to sit on the floor for 45 minutes with my arm in there before she's asleep enough for me to get into bed (which is about two feet away). OH is really paranoid (woke me up last night to make sure she wasn't in our bed after I got up to nurse :dohh: she wasn't) so maybe I can fully sell him on the idea (not the just feeling bad he's taking her back to her own bed because we both look so happy and asleep :() if I combine it with a respisense monitor or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->