Co sleeping

Layla

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this alot lately.

When Ethan was born, he spent the first 4 weeks in his mosses basket next to my bed, but when he out grew it he refused his cot, just wouldnt settle atall, so what me and his dad did was buy a single bed and put it next to ours and let him sleep in with us, the bed made it so we all had more space and took the fear off us squashing him.

He stayed in there with us untill he was a year or so old.

Altho i didnt breast feed him, is this still considered co sleeping? didnt really give it much thought untill a few days ago.

I really want to breast feed this baby and im more determind than ever to do it. but im the type of person who REALLY needs sleep otherwise i get really grumpy, so im thinking about maybe co sleeping in the early days, but wouldnt be comfy with the space, so would have to consider getting a single bed again like i did on Ethan.

Advice/views?

x

Layla have you seen the special cots that are for bf mothers/babies where the side comes off and you can clip it onto yours so it looks like an extension of ur bed?

It might be cheaper than investing in a single bed?

xx

no not seen those?

Where can i find one to look at?

x

here you go hun you can probably get them cheaper then this i'll keep looking for you.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42825041&mcb=core

they also do them in toy r us but more pricey they are called bedside cots

hmm, i have a cot bed, might as well just take the side off that and put it up next to my bed, I sleep on 2 mattresses so i will need to check the height out agaisnt each other

x

You can co-sleep even if you're not breastfeeding. Co-sleeping just makes the breastfeeds during the night so much easier as soon the baby can pretty much help themselves during the night without waking either of you too much. If you're not having to get out of bed to sort out the night bottles then might as well take full advantage of having everything on hand so you can do a sleepy lying down night feed.

I think we all really need our sleep, especially when we have other kids to look after, I did all my night feeds lying down in bed even though I only part time co-slept for the first 4 wks or so and it really helps you to feel more rested even though you might've been up 2 or 3 times.

Of course, then you get the lovely sleepers - my niece was exclusively bfed and only needed one night feed at 7 wks then slept through 7-7 from 10 wks!

Thanks Lucy,

Looks like i did it with Ethan unknowingly...is that even a word? lol

Worked well tho, we all had our own space and altho i didnt breast feed, i didnt have to get out of bed to see to him if he cried etc

Will defo try it again, going to sort teh cot bed out and put it up agaisnt our bed with teh side off, going to try and wedge it between my bed and the wall so he cant fall out atall.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->