Co-Sleeping

tinkabells

Reaction score
Hey girls,
I posted this in single parents but didnt really get a response, never been in this part of bnb before!!!
I have been doing this with hollie, only when she wakes up after her 6am feed i put her in my bed with me, but some nights im feeling bit lonely and i've put her straight in with me, it is just me being selfish wanting her in bed with me, or does it help with more bonding? When im at my mums though, hollie sleeps with me anyway.
I no me and her have a good interaction as my dr said so last week as she woudlnt take her eyes off me, and when i would speak she smiled etc

Hollie does sleep in her cot though, so am i doing wrong with having her in both?
I know it came be trouble getting them n there own bed when they were older, i was the same with my mum xxx

Of course you aren't doing wrong! I'm a firm believer mums doing what they feel right. If it feels right to bring her in for a cuddle then do it! As long as you are following the correct safety advice, enjoy it!!! :hugs:

Yeah I try to limit it to just after the morning feed at 6am for the same reasons (don't want him getting in the habit etc) but if I was on my own I think I'd cave more often! My OH was away for a month and I was sooo tempted to bring him in with me but didn't as I didn't want a lot of fuss when OH came back but there's no harm in it whatsoever and if you both enjoy it, why not? She'll not want to do it when she's older so make the most of it hehe.

Thanks, yeah she sleeps with me all night when im at my mums, but when were at my house its only in the morning, and she does seem to enjoy it she looks in my eyes just before she goes to sleep and when she wakes up and sees to next to her she lets out the biggest smiles, it melts me away xxx

Awww do it to your hearts content :)

I'm a single mom and I did this until about 7 months when she decided to kick me out of my own bed.She still comes in bed with me if I think she's sleepy enough to go back to bed for a bit in the mornings

I dont think theres anything wrong with it at all!! I'll probably do it too! :D

I have decided to do it more often, because hollie seems to thrieve on it, and she doesnt stir in the night, she sleeps through, and i've been doing alot of reading about it, and although there are alot of people out there, who say you shouldnt because of the risks, but alot of people have said, they seem to grow up more confident and sleep more better, obviously there is the downside, of getting them into there own bed, but as i am a single mum, living in a 1 bed flat, her cotbed is in my bedroom anyway and as my council have said, as me and hollie same sex we can be living in the same bedroom until she is 5.
But thanks for all your help and support xxx

Noah comes in for a cuddle with me too from his 5/6.00 am feed. He dose's off for another good hour and a half.... bliss xx

I say do what feels right for you and yours. I was heartbroken when E decided that he had enough co-sleeping at 5 months. I still try and take him to bed with me in the wee hours of the morning if he's having trouble falling back asleep.

Doesn't go well though, my face is now his favorate playtoy :rofl:

As long as theres no chance of her getting stuck under your duvet or anything then theres no problem, just folllow the suggested regulations etc, if shes happy and your happy then go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->