Co-workers....

HearMyPrayers

Reaction score
I hate the dreaded question from co-workers....."sooo when you are gonna have some kids!?!?" then I give some one off answer...."oh we are just enjoying married life for now". Then they always say the one thing I hate the most...."well you better get started times a tickin' ".....:thumbup: thanks buddy I didn't realize life was flashing before my eyes.....annoying.

Rant over

:coffee:

I think people will ask you questions about children regardless of how many you have! When I got married (I was 22) I was asked for a good 3 years when I would be having children and got the usual "but you have been married years! Crack on with it!!" and then when I had 1 child I was asked when I would be having another and then I had 2 children and told very frequently when I said no more "but you are so young! plenty of time left" like I am meant to continue reproducing until the menopause stops it!

What is it with inappropriate questions, i had that one and i was desperate for a baby so didnt help and then when i got pregnant people even asked if she was an accident, lo was very much planned but even if she hadent been why do people think its apprpriate to ask questions like this

People are so inconsiderate :(

I get the 'When are you having another??' ALL the time, when it would be medically very hard for me, and I have no desire to have another. Annoying

I guess when you have 3 people then say "what...ANOTHER??" if you were to have a 4th!

I think people will ask you questions about children regardless of how many you have! When I got married (I was 22) I was asked for a good 3 years when I would be having children and got the usual "but you have been married years! Crack on with it!!" and then when I had 1 child I was asked when I would be having another and then I had 2 children and told very frequently when I said no more "but you are so young! plenty of time left" like I am meant to continue reproducing until the menopause stops it!

Oh my gosh I can imagine how annoying that is too! Sometimes you just wanna slap somebody :haha:

What is it with inappropriate questions, i had that one and i was desperate for a baby so didnt help and then when i got pregnant people even asked if she was an accident, lo was very much planned but even if she hadent been why do people think its apprpriate to ask questions like this

it is even worse when its something you are longing for. I don't know what possess people to ask these questions! Like its any of their business lol!

People ask such inappropriate questions at times. They really do pry and not think about whether the person would be comfortable in answering that question from a co-worker.

I'd probably say "whenever God/mother nature/the universe (whoever/whatever fits) decides to bless us with one!" as it hints that you're not childless through choice so people should zip their big yaps pronto!
But yes I got the "when are you going to have a baby?" and then "was LO an accident?". I got asked "when are you going to have another?" when DD was 4 weeks old :dohh:

Urgh I hate it - haven't you got a boyfriend yet? When are you and your fella getting married? Now you're married aren't you having babies? When's the next baby coming?.....

I told a co-worker off recently when she asked one of colleagues when she was having babies. I just said you can't ask that! She asked why and I said it's very personal and you shouldn't ask, end of. The person being asked just smiled and said nothing, tbh I think it's possible it's a sensitive area as her and her husband of 10 years both seem to adore their nieces and nephews and he works with children so it's hard to imagine they don't want kids. Obviously some people make a decision not to have them but lots of people are struggling with fertility or getting partners to agree on the right time etc etc, it's a painful subject and I just don't get why people think they're entitled to pry.

Next time someone asks just say "don't you think that's a very personal question?" or "why do you need to know?" Should shut them up.

Last week, I got told by a coworker that I need to get some donor sperm and have a baby. Um, what? Like that is anyone's business. She had also said something about me needing to be like the rest of them who have had kids and tinkle when they laugh, so I was snarky right back, saying I don't need to have a kid to do that, I already do it (apparently, it's a hormonal thing when you get to be around my age). I said that when I win the lotto, I'll adopt a bunch of kids from around the world and she can call me Angelina Jolie or I can hire someone to have a baby for me if I had that much money, all in a joking way to shut her up. She has no idea that I was told I should never get pregnant due to my heart problems, that I would never carry a baby to term, and that adoption or a gestational carrier would be best for me. However, I have tried to adopt 3 times, unsuccessful, tried to get into the foster-adopt program in my state, unsuccessful due to economy messing with the program, and now that I am finally able to attempt to carry a pregnancy which more than likely will not be to term and be very dangerous to me (I am willing to take the risk), I have been trying for 2 years and not gotten pregnant. So, is it really any of their business? Nope. Do I say anything to her about when she got pregnant in college, single mother, no plans to have any more children? Nope. Not my business. People are too damn nosey.

We were married for years before we started trying for ds1 and were trying for over a year before I fell pregnant. When one of my friends got married while we were trying she was telling everyone how they were going to have a baby straight away. When it didn't happen she got very fed up of people asking why she wasn't pregnant. It's like people don't realise that it's rude and insensitive to keep asking!

I can't understand people asking questions like this; it's so rude and potentially hurtful. OP, sorry you've experienced that. I've been on the receiving end of questions like that and it's not easy to deal with. I try to brush it off and make jokes but sometimes you just have to let people know when they're being inappropriate.

Aw, it's awful - people are just so nosy :( I had that constantly as well, because we were married for 4 years and trying for 2 before I managed to get pregnant. Then it was really difficult when I was actually pregnant but not telling anyone yet and trying to cover up the fact that I WAS!

Now I'm constantly getting "When are you going to have another one?" and when I say we'd love to but are scared to take the plunge because Sophie was born at 27 weeks and I was one hour from organ failure, they always, almost without fail, say "Oh it'll be fine next time, you'll be well looked after" - which is true, I would be well looked after, but there are so many what ifs now for us with having Sophie to think about - what if I had to spend weeks in hospital or on bed rest, what if we had another extremely premature baby - our nearest decent neonatal unit is 60 miles away - it wouldn't be fair on Sophie if we had to be up and down to visit another baby or fair on another baby if we didn't visit as much as we did with Sophie....what if another time we were not so lucky, how do you explain to a 3/4 year old that there was going to be a baby brother or sister but there isn't any more :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->