Cobi Brankin 18/12/08

alphatee

MOM TO CALLUM,MACI & COBI
Reaction score
finally got round to writing my birth story...
my c-section was booked for the 18th december & after a sleepless night & a very emotional morning saying bye to the kids as i wasnt going to see them again till the 19th we arrived at the hospital at 10am.we was shown to my room woohoo a private room! i was then prepped for threatre & had a visit from the anesatist(sp)he really helped to put my mind at rest about the spinal block...
before i knew it, it was 12.15 & time for me to go up to threatre i was first on the list.paul went in 1 rm to get in scrubs & i went in another to have my drip & spinal,the drip hurt like mad the spinal didnt which i was so glad about,didnt like the feeling tho it was so weird & it made me yawn so much i thought oh my im gunna fall asleep & not see myt baby being born but the anestasist sed it was fear thats y i was yawning i still dont get what he meant..i was then wheeled into threatre was cheake to see if i was numb then the screen went up & whithin 10 mins cobi was born at 13.33pm she was beautiful..paul then said as loud as possible thank god she aint ginger he had a thing she was going to be ginger( sorry to those who have had)every1 laugh & he went bright red!! serves himself right...cobi was then cleaned & weighted & given to me for a cuddle & fotos,,5mins later paul & cobi went into recovery as i was starting to regain feeling & they were still stitching me up,they didnt no if they was going to knock me out if i was to feel pain,they didnt fortutely..i found out later the anestist didnt know i was to b sterilished aswell,he had only given me enuff for the c-section,,5 mins later i was wheeled in2 recovery to see paul & cobi who had been fed & was asleep.i then had feeling in my legs & was able to move them..
i was back at my rm at 2.30pm we had a hr to ourselves just me paul & cobi it was lovely..paul left at 3.30 as i was going to have a bed bath & something to eat,,,i dont remember much of that night due to the drugs they gave me but i know that cobi had to go in a incubator because of her breathing,the next morning it was so much better..
they had me out of bed in the morning & i felt hardly any pain much less than i had with the previous 2 i had been warned it would be much worse as this was my third..
the kids came to see they little sister later that nite & because of that i had a panic attack(i suffer from panic attacks regualar)& wanted to go home which i wasnt but was able to the next day woohoo we were discharged at 2pm on the 20/12/08
im still not on my feet 3 weeks later as i got a infection in my wound & had to have the district nurse come twice daily to have it dressed but its getting easlier to move now without pain,just taking 1 day at a time....but my beautiful baby girl is worth it,,shes so spoilt by all & most of all by her big brother & sister who love her dearly
heres some pics which some might have seen before
https://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/alphatee/cool2.jpghttps://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr204/alphatee/untitled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->