Cocyx pain

I

iceylou

anyone suffers/suffered with it? its now 8mths on and im still in agony if i sit for more than 20mins. doc told me its not broken as i wouldnt be able to talk with the pain. my pain threshold is huge, i suffer with a bulging disc for the last 13 yrs so i can handle the pain.

my niece broke hers and my oh's cousin did the same and they think mine is def broken. i did google it and every site says nothing as such can be done for it (i can hardle get a cast on my bum!!)

if anyone suffered with it before how long before the pain goes away? i am currently using the bum rings to sit on, 2 together, but no relief. my niece broke hers nov 2009 and is still in pain with hers

Didn't want to read & run, and I'm no doctor, but it does sound like you might have broken it.

3 different GPs insisted mine was just badly bruised and not broken....fast forward 12 months and still in alot of pain, and the 3rd GP conceded that a bruise probably wouldn't still be hurting :growlmad:

Mind you, broken or not, as I'm sure you know, there's still not a lot your GP can do, other than prescribe painkillers, nsaids etc.

Mine was a good 18 months before I stopped noticing it being painful. And still now, 12 years on, it'll still give me a twinge occasionally to remind me that it set slightly bent after it was broken. Probably not what you want to hear, sorry :nope: :hugs:

When GP No. 3 conceded that it was in fact broken, he also discovered it had re-set itself bent....he said I could have it straightened if I wanted but that would involve it being re-broken....I declined his kind offer :haha:

im switching doctors as my one is an idiot tbh. she told me for 8 yrs that my back pain was muscular but i knew something wasnt right. went to a neuro sugeon who did mri and i had a bulging disc!!! luv the way that my labour with my son did that to my disc and labour with my daughter damaged my cocyx.

at least my niece was out enjoying herself pretending to poll dance when she broke hers unlike me

i get this from time to time and its getting on for 2 years since i gave birth, it was really sore towards the end of my pg and afterwards i was in agony and coulnt sit down. Even now when ive been sitting for a long time or doing something strenous it aches, i really should have had some physio on it, maybe thats what you need hun? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->