Coeliac Disease....

24/7

Mummy to Sam & Abigail
Reaction score
Having a bad day with my coeliac disease, and would be nice to have someone to talk to who also suffers with it.
So.... Anyone else out there? :)

Hi 24/7
I dont have coeliacs but my partner does .. Sorry too hear you were having a bad day
I know it affects my partner terribly
If you ever need a rant feel free to pm me
Hope your feeling better x

Thank you. :)

I was hoping that once the diet started it would be a miracle cure, and that would be the end of it, sadly that hasn't been the case. They now also want to repeat the endoscopy, which means six weeks of eating gluten/ wheat again. :cry:

If you don't mind me asking, how does it affect your husband now? I don't know anyone with coeliac disease and would be very interested to know.

Hi sweetie,

I am so sorry your having a hard time. I was diagnosed with coeliacs in Feb this year after being admitted to hospital with extreme anaemia (my hb was just 3 and got as low as 2.4) which I needed a blood transfusion of six pints.

Have you tried contacting your local coeliac organisation, in the UK that is www.coeliac.org.uk

If you fancy a chat then message me.

:eek: That is soooo low!! :eek:
Thank you for the link, have registered there now. :)
How are you feeling now?

I have good and bad days, and am still under the hospital.

In what way is yours still bad? Have you thought about other intolerances? Lots of people with coeliacs develop things like dairy intolerance due to the scarring.

Hmmm....The airy feeling that comes mostly in the evening, along with the refluxy symptoms are the worst bit at the moment, but then a few weeks ago it was the discomfort. :dohh: Have only been on the diet for a couple of months, so hopefully time will help, but will bear the lactose intollernce in mind for my next appointment.
Thank you.

I dont have it but my aunt has had it for the last 25yrs and so does my uncle. My aunt also has a corn allergy and a milk allergy. As far as cooking she buys the gluten free flour (veryexpensive and cooks differently) but going out to eat is usually a challenge as a lot of foods get contamiated with flour one way or another. Im sorry you have to go through that but she has learned to cope as Im sure you will too. :hug:

as I said my sister has it and I am asking my midwife to check me out because I read pregnancy can trigger it.

I am not sure if that is true but I know my sister was triggered from stress only. But had horrible hyperemesis on top of her celiacs for her pregnancy.

No hyperemesis for me (thank god!) but I am having horrible tummy cramps, they sometimes keep me up at night and BM up to 5 times a day sometimes.

It is genetic, I only recieved my official on paper diagnosis today, but my family are now able to be tested to because of it, so hopefully your GP will bear that in mind too. I believe my trigger was also stress, but the genetics of it were already there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->