CoffeePuffin's Wedding Journal

CoffeePuffin

Reaction score
My fiance and I are hoping to get married next autumn. We're on a really tight budget so it's going to be hard to plan.

We're thinking of having the ceremony at the town hall but I've been trying to call them for two weeks and I can never get through! I emailed and they told me to call..

Lots to think about and lots to plan. I want a date!

It won't be hard, you just have to be savvy! Congrats too btw :)
Having a late afternoon wedding can bring costs down, as will just having a buffet and having it maybe in a nice pub or something. Hope you can get in touch with the town hall soon xx

It won't be hard, you just have to be savvy! Congrats too btw :)
Having a late afternoon wedding can bring costs down, as will just having a buffet and having it maybe in a nice pub or something. Hope you can get in touch with the town hall soon xx

That's what we're planning really. A buffet rather than a sit down meal, we may even make all the food ourselves or get friends/family to help to make it even cheaper.

And we're looking at nice pubs for reception as I'm thinking they'll be cheaper than a hotel/castle/hall?

Something I'm struggling with is finding cheap photographers.

If you find a cheap photographer they may not be that good. Try your local college for photography students or something, you want your photos to be perfect :)
There was someone on here recently (laura&faith if you can find her journal) and she had her reception in a lovely pub xx

Sometimes it pays to be cheeky with the photographer.

The one we are having usually charges 1700! We got them for 500. That's two photographers from arrival to the end. About 4.5 hours. We are having the images on a CD rather than an album.

They are supposedly one of the best wedding photographers in the country. Recommended by other professional photographers and won awards at the venue we are getting married for wedding pictures. They are Bristol Photography. Husband and wife team. X

Most photographers do different packages. Mine does three with the cheapest being £300 and the most expensive £800

My fiance and I are hoping to get married next autumn. We're on a really tight budget so it's going to be hard to plan.

We're thinking of having the ceremony at the town hall but I've been trying to call them for two weeks and I can never get through! I emailed and they told me to call..

Stalking :winkwink:

Calling the town hall sounds like me trying to get in touch with our registry office, I emailed only to be told to call them. When I finally got through the wedding person was off til Monday :dohh:

I really want a pub reception, but would need a pub with a big function room which is hard to come by.

Calling the town hall sounds like me trying to get in touch with our registry office, I emailed only to be told to call them. When I finally got through the wedding person was off til Monday :dohh:

I really want a pub reception, but would need a pub with a big function room which is hard to come by.

Yeah..

My OH has a HUGE family. 70 people coming to ceremony alone, then god knows how many extra people are coming to the evening do. I'm thinking over 200...

Where in the north east are you?

Newcastle! X

Newcastle! X

Hmmm a bit further up than me, there are a few places like that in Teesside so you might find something.

Well after weeks of calling the registry office 50+ times a day and never getting through. I sent them an email telling them to call me. And FINALLY I got to speak to someone!

£175 in total for the ceremony including a £20 booking fee, £75.50 for room and 2x £35 for both our notices to marry and one marriage certificate.

We have an appointment on Saturday to view the room and ask other questions and then if we're happy, we can book it. We have 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th September 2014 to choose from. I think we will end up going with 6th.

So hopefully by next week we will have a booked date and can start making proper plans!

Also found out my SIL is getting married a month before us, in a beautiful castle. Because her OH's mother has plenty of money. Made me a bit depressed that we'd never be able to afford that and our wedding is going to be very budgeted.

Wow that's cheap! And dont think that a fancy castle equates to a nicer wedding, the best wedding I've been to was on a beach in Scotland of all the cold places. Much better than the one I went to a couple of months later in a fancy house. X

That's a good price :) just because she has masses of money doesn't mean hers will be better Hun, don't worry xx

Trying to find a reception venue that ISN'T all inclusive is proving difficult. We want to provide our own catering as it will DRAMATICALLY cut costs. But everywhere we've seen it's all included and they won't let you do your own, but the prices are £5000 + .. There's no way we can afford that .

Have you tried thinking of diff places, like a barn for instance? Sounds awful but they look amazing! Xx

Keep an eye on groupon as I've seen a few offers on there for photographers, but if you are confident you can always haggle. Just try and get them as low as possible. We're only having ours on disk too and thdn we can get them printed anywhere we want later on as we get the lisence to print too.

We had thr same trouble finding a pub function room as ke and OH both have huge families. We ended up in a hotel but our families are so huge we're having to be really picky with the friends part of thr guest list as we're actually really close to our families and wouldn't want a single one of them not to come x

We have officially booked our wedding! Saturday 6th September 2014!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->