CoffeePuffin's Wedding Journal

Now trying to find a reception that isn't ridiculously expensive. We're having an 11.30am wedding so will need to do a buffet for day guests and a buffet for evening guests too.

I think we've found our wedding photographer. We wanted a disk only one as it means we get the rights to the photo's and we can go somewhere else and get the ones we want printed, and we then have all the images on our computers.

£650. It is a lot, but also less than others I've seen. I've looked through some of his photo's, read reviews and all are good so far. He will take pictures from when I get ready, to when we get to the reception venue.

£100 deposit, then £550 two weeks before the wedding. I think we may book him in the next couple weeks.

I originally was going to have a dark red theme for bridesmaid dresses, decorations etc. But I found out my SIL who is getting married a week before me has the same colour scheme. And I really don't want to be compared.

So I have decided to go for green bridesmaid dresses (my favourite colour) and a woodland/rustic theme for decor.

We wanted the same for our photographer and she's £600 but she stays longer most basic packages that price come from ceremony to speeches, she stays from fetting ready to first dance x

Our ceremony starts at 11.30am, so we have to have a lunch buffet AND an evening one. So to get him to stay until first dance would be more expensive. The ceremony and just after are the main ones we want, and hopefully we can get some of us all sitting at the tables too.

I have fallen in love with the style/colour of this wedding dress but am unsure about it being velvet.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/017/0/5664687/il_570xN.484731745_nzwi.jpg

this dress is so unique :)! colour is beautiful to!

OH says he really wants me in a white dress, so it's a no to the purple one! I think I'll go hunting for a dress in January and hope some may be on sale.

We went to view a function room today and I am pleased to say we booked it! £200 to hire the room, and it can hold up to 160 people. And we can have our own catering! Finally found somewhere that wasn't expensive, but also didn't look scummy, that allowed us to supply our own food.

So ceremony and reception venue are booked. Looking into photographers now.

We have a meeting with a photographer next week. £400 for the day, the cheapest we have found so far and only wants a £50 deposit rather than the £200 others were asking for. Will have a chat with him, see some of his pictures and then decide.

I have just got a good deal on chair covers/sashes and table cloths/runners and balloons (and someone comes at sets it all up) - £160. Which is amazingly cheap compared to the £300 others were asking for. And she has been personally recommended by a few people so I know she's not cheap and crap. Just a good price because she doesn't want to rip people off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->