Coil fitting tomorrow terrified *UPDATED PAGE 4!*

Awe, don't be more nervous hun! The men who work in OBGYN are great! We have some amazing men doctors on our staff where I work, and I'd see any of them just as easily as the female doctors. They are great at what they do, and honestly, some of the males are nicer than the females because they DO get that many women feel uncomfortable with a male doctor in that area. I've met with some of them about some of our current lab testing, to discuss new options, current options, etc, and they were incredibly impressive to me in their knowledge of current standards, best patient care practices, etc. I think you will be in good hands:) Hugs, I'm sure its nerve wracking just waiting to get this all over with.

You might not end up seeing a man, it is probably the name of the consultant you will be under, and on the letter somewhere it will say something along the lines of 'or a member of his team.' If seeing a male doctor really bothers you, ask if there is a female member of his team whom you can see instead.

It says 'an appointment has been made for you to be seen in the clinic of Mr... So I suppose it may not be him. I guess it made me more worried about looking 'down there' as it's more embarrassing if it's a man. In labour I had probably 10+ women looking but I know who stitched me up in surgery was a man. However I was too out of it to care iykwim? I don't mind it being a man I suppose, hey he might be really good at his job better than the women there! I'm a very private person so man or woman looking makes me cringe but women looking isn't so bad. Does that make sense :haha: my df will be with me anyway so hopefully that will relax me.

Don't worry if it is a guy hun- I've always seen female OB's - but when we got fertility help the female doc I had for my first IUI was rough tbh-- when she did my internal exam I had to ask her to be gentle I felt she was rougher than needed and it's uncomfortable enough as it is! But I had a guy the 2nd IUI- and he was gentle and reassuring... just my experience and the ONLY time I've had a male doc looking down there- but it was no biggie at all.

Sending you positive energy for this week! Hugs :hugs:

Got a call today they offered to see me tomorrow instead of Friday, I said yes just to get it out of the way, so nervous now. Trying to distract myself and look on the bright side that it's an morning appointment so I won't be waiting around all day

Good luck hun and i hope its nothing serious

During fertility treatment I ended up having a scan with hubby, feel fs and a male medical student ( I gave permission but he looked at his feet the whole time!)

It was fine, I was concentrating on what was happening.

My coil was also fitted by a man but he didn't speak to me much it was the nurses at the head end who explained what was going on.

Thinking of you and hoping it's all positive for you xx

Good luck lovely. You'll be fine. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow x

(Not in a creep way... a supportive way....)

Hahaha that made me chuckle, cheered me right up cariad_x after the awful day with Lucy I needed that :rofl: :flasher:

No signs of cervix closure or cervical cancer signs. He said that I have a cervical etropy other known as cervical erosion. Didn't explain anything about it so once again had to have a google. Basically the cells inside my womb have become visible at my cervix and are red and raw. It doesn't need treatment, someone compared it to your lip.

"One easy way to think about it, is to think about your mouth. The surface of you lip is different from the surface of the gum inside your lip. At a certain point the two surfaces meet and change.

Imagine what would happen if this margin moved. You'd have some lining from the gum facing the outside world, exposed to the air. It's likely this would lead to a raw patch. This is the kind of thing that is happening in an erosion."

However, cervical erosion can be a sign of early cancer so if I have any bleeding in between periods or pain bleeding after sex then I would go back as these are cancer signs

No signs of cervix closure or cervical cancer signs. He said that I have a cervical etropy other known as cervical erosion. Didn't explain anything about it so once again had to have a google. Basically the cells inside my womb have become visible at my cervix and are red and raw. It doesn't need treatment, someone compared it to your lip.

"One easy way to think about it, is to think about your mouth. The surface of you lip is different from the surface of the gum inside your lip. At a certain point the two surfaces meet and change.
Imagine what would happen if this margin moved. You'd have some lining from the gum facing the outside world, exposed to the air. It's likely this would lead to a raw patch. This is the kind of thing that is happening in an erosion."

That's a really good example to explain it. There are 2 types of cells mainly that make up the cervix, ectocervical (squamous) and endocervical (glandular). At the point that they meet in the cervical canal, they sort of merge together forming a transition zone that's sort of a blending of the two types of cells (metaplastic). Typically, an abnormailty will arise most often in this specific region, which I would guess is because of the genetics of the types of cells being sort of a blend being easier to be affected by mutations, and HPV causing mutations within those cells.

I think it will likely repair itself. Good to know you at least have an explanation now of what is going on!

Thanks for that explanation, I had to search for ages to understand what it was but the way you have explained it has helped too. He did ask if I had the hpv vaccines, which I have. I was the first year to have them in highschool when it was first introduced luckily so he didn't seem concerned about cancer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->