Coil Merina + cysts

babydustcass

Reaction score
its really not working for me, dont get me wrong its doing the 'job' in that sense but its been really quite painful.
I had a scan earlier this year which revealed some cysts on my ovaries, one was 4cm and they were really causing me lots of pain. A few weeks after the scan the pain had subsided and when i went back for my next scan and they had shrunk/collapsed so doc was happy, myself likewise.
Now i can feel the pains coming back and im sure its my ovaries that hurt when i sneeze (im allergic to everything so i sneeze alot), i have a check up scan booked for next month so im counting on seeing new cysts again on my next visit.
I have a couple of questions

Is it typical to get cysts with the mirena coil and are cysts dangerous?
Does it hurt as much taking it out as they did when they put it in lol just want to prepare myself :blush:
How long after coil removal can i will my body be ready to TTC again, what are your experiences with TTC after having coil removed?

What makes you think they're linked to the Merina???????:shrug:

because i never had them before? I cant say they are linked but by process of elimination... maybe ive added 2+2 and got 5

if its not because of the coil could it be that i will be prone to them?

edit to add the reason i had my first scan was because i thought my coil had dislodged and it was giving me the pains, after having gone to the docs where two gynis couldnt find my stings.. tmi lol

Hmm you have me thinking about cysts on my ovaries.. sometimes for no reason i get pains that are nothing like period pain so it cant be my period, but around the ovary area :/

It's extremely common to get cysts on your ovaries....in fact more women have cysts on their ovaries than don't. Only a minority cause any problems:hugs:

I have had a burst enlarged cyst on my ovary and it hurt like hell...I thought my appendix had burst or something but then once it had burst and calmed down I was fine. Doc said it could happen each month mid-cycle:wacko:.....I hope not:nope:

A cyst usually happens when you ovulate & the egg isnt released properly and it causes a cyst. I have one on my left ovary that gives me pain. I also have suspected endo though so my cyst could be a chocolate one. I dont think the cyst could be link to the coil just merely a coincidence.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->