Cold/Flu - Is it Just paracetamol??

maddiesmum1

Reaction score
hey ladies.
had an early scan yesterday and we saw our perfect little blob with a flickery heartbeat!
im currently loaded with a cold that has turned into a horrid throat thing. just paracetemol or can i have cold and flu tabs?

Sadly just paracetemol as far as I'm aware! I found colds really tough going in pregnancy as normally I'd be popping as many cold&flu tablets as allowed in a day!

Cold & flu tablets contain phenylephrine which is advised to be avoided for the first 13 weeks. And also there is usually a fair whack of caffeine which you are also advised to limit. :( I stuck to paracetemol, hot ribena for a sore throat, stuck my head over a bowl of hot water to help me breathe (I added olbas oil but some people say not to use if..) and generally felt quite sorry for myself! Hope you feel much better soon!

Sadly just paracetemol as far as I'm aware! I found colds really tough going in pregnancy as normally I'd be popping as many cold&flu tablets as allowed in a day!

Cold & flu tablets contain phenylephrine which is advised to be avoided for the first 13 weeks. And also there is usually a fair whack of caffeine which you are also advised to limit. :( I stuck to paracetemol, hot ribena for a sore throat, stuck my head over a bowl of hot water to help me breathe (I added olbas oil but some people say not to use if..) and generally felt quite sorry for myself! Hope you feel much better soon!

Thanks hun i'll suffer through - just a cold. I can do this. *sob* lol

Colds are so rubbish! One if those things where it is 'just a cold', so you plod on, but at the same time, they can make you feel dreadful! Especially with limited drugs!

I have a cold too and I wish I could take something more! I can't breathe through my nose at all! Colds during pregnancy are the worst...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->