Cold sores

VickyLou

1 beautiful little lady.
Reaction score
Are they bad during pregnancy? Everything I seem to be reading tells me to contact my doctor if a cold sore appears, why? Seems a little pointless to me? I have so spoken to a friend who got them lots during her pregnancy and she Sid she had to contact her GP every time. She wasn't exactly sure why either.

I have a large clump of them on my top lip that are very sore and green in colour. I figure it's a little infection. Surely it can't harm the baby in way?
I have been putting blistex on it too, I didn't even give it any thought.

I don't really know the answer but I would follow orders and contact them. Maybe it has to do with the virus being active in your blood right now?

Cold sores is a form of the herpes virus and if you have a cold sore during delivery there is a small chance of passing the virus on to your newborn

You might just let your doctor know, just to be on the safe side, but I really don't see it being a big concern. If it was genital herpes and not oral, I could see it being a bigger problem(but still not majorly serious) There is a chance of spreading genital herpes to baby as they pass threw the birth canal, but oral herpes could only be spread to them if you kissed baby during an outbreak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->