cold weather baby wearing!!

NIfirsttimer

Proud mum, new wife & WTT
Reaction score
what do you do? baby inside coat or outside lol!

i sold both my Mobys and then really regretted it, so treated myself to a yummy new Fuschia Moby UV! we were out today, but its got a lot colder since i last wore her outside, and im not quite sure what the best way around it is...
do i get a bigger fleece or something and wear her inside it, or put a coat on her too (which she hates) and wear her outside of my coat?
help!!

I've been out for a walk with Imi today and is was soooo chilly! I put Imi over my hoody (can't wear anymore than that as she is like a little radiator :D) but i put her in a pram suit and hat! She was toasty warm and made me even warmer lol

Adam and I went to the shops today (I have a Close baby carrier). I wondered about putting him in his new pramsuit but decided he'd be ok in a thick padded hooded jacket. So he was wearing a bodysuit, longsleeved tshirt, trousers, socks, knitted booties and the jacket with the hood up. I wore a thick cardigan rather than a coat (I always get overheated wearing him) and we were both really warm, in fact we were both sweaty when we got in.

Yep, we were sweaty too :rofl: I actually had an Imi shaped print on my vest top :rofl:

Lol, I just wear a hoody too, no way could I wear a coat whilst wearing Freya. Way too hot.

I just put her in normal clothes, usually vest, top and jumper/hoody with jeans and thick socks. Then hat and mittens. She is a very warm baby anyway, and is always plenty warm enough when I take her off. It's her hands, feet and head I am most bothered about!

:)

I was thinking about this my dad bought me a waterproof pram suit from gap in case we caught in the rain but tbh if i wear my fav coat which is a waterproof North face it is light weight and no way could i fasten it up with her in.

I am going to see if i can somehow make loops on her mittens and booties and then thread a ribbon under her clothes so i do not loose any as i would hate to be out for a long walk and found she has acold foot as bootie is missing!!

I find only his legs get cold in my connecta so either dress him lightly with a pramsuit on top or dress him normally and put him in the bug in a rug to keep his legs toasty.

wow it must be a lot colder here!!!

i was freezing with just a hoody on... even with Rubys heat too!
she seemed to be warm enough, apart from her wee leggies.... might just double up on the trousers and keep her top half well tucked in the moby for the mean time... will have to think about pramsuit etc when it starts to get really cold tho.. i wear her when walking the dog etc so she will be too cold come december im sure!
tried on one of OH;s fleeces tonight when she was in the moby... i looked pregnant all over again!!!!

Yeah, i worry about Imis legs, that why I use the pramsuit. If she just has trousers and soxks and boots, the trousers tend to ride up leaving bare legs :)

I find only his legs get cold in my connecta so either dress him lightly with a pramsuit on top or dress him normally and put him in the bug in a rug to keep his legs toasty.

This is what I do with Olivia xx

Yeah, i worry about Imis legs, that why I use the pramsuit. If she just has trousers and soxks and boots, the trousers tend to ride up leaving bare legs :)

Could always use baby legs or tights under trousers? :D

Could always use baby legs or tights under trousers? :D

I did think about tights but wasn't sure that was enough? :) I just put her in a babygrow and then all snuggled in her suit - she looked soooo cute :D

Yeah I don't know, I don't have a pramsuit or anything, will prob get her one for christmas. I have some knee length socks with little moccasins on the bottom from mothercare that are pretty thick, I have been using those but not sure if they would be enough when it gets really cold. They are cute though!

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...1/280-6659653-4995255?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core

I will have to look for a good pramsuit I think. I do worry about her body getting too hot in one though. :)

How about one like this?

https://www.greenbaby.co.uk/popups/...[sep]03M-03[sep]06M-06[sep]12M-12[sep]18M.htm

Doesn't seem too padded but would cover her legs and feet. :shrug:

Think they are sold out anyway :(

They're really cute and prob thicker than normal tights :D I'll take a pic of Imi in her suit when we go for our walk later x

How about one like this?

https://www.greenbaby.co.uk/popups/...[sep]03M-03[sep]06M-06[sep]12M-12[sep]18M.htm

Doesn't seem too padded but would cover her legs and feet. :shrug:

They're nice, but i prefer them with feet, illiminates the draft :D

I bought a pramsuit for Adam the other day (took me ages to find one I like because I dislike fake fur and ears on baby hoods/hats) - this one is tan coloured fine cord - but I was concerned he'd be uncomfortable in the sling - think I might try it out at home, see how he finds it before we go out of the house. About the cold legs issue, it's only Adam's lower calf, ankles and feet that stick out but yes, trousers tend to ride up, so yesterday I put him in normal socks and then old-fashioned knitted bootees (cashmere/wool blend, MIL made them), which look like mini Uggs on him; they go right up his leg and they are bulky enough that when the trousers are pulled over, they stay down. He was super cosy in them.

In terms of what I wear, I tend to put the carrier on, and then a jacket or coat over the top which I don't do up.

I also get hot easily wearing LO out, but the colder it gets, the colder I get! So far, I have been okay with a thick hoody, though. I tend to dress LO differently depending on how cold it is. On chilly, but not cold days, I put baby legs under his trousers and they work great! On colder days I put him in a footed pram suit and hat, but he gets hot easily like that.

We'll see what the next strategy is when there is 3 feet of snow on the ground in a couple of months! :cold:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->