colic or reflux ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
how can you tell the difference if your baby has colic or reflux i thought my baby had colic he does have alot of wind and is breastfeeding too but infacol hasnt worked gripe water hasnt worked im now trying dentinox but if he hasnt got colic and its reflux thats making him cry, ive had a really bad few days with him and i just dont know what to do, i try feeding him, changing him, giving him loads of attention and he still crys most of the time when hes awake :hissy: xxx

Hmm...It sounds like colic, but I'm not absolutely positive. For the past week, Valerie has about two hours (9pm-11pm) where she is pretty inconsolable. We've put it down to being colic, but I think she also has reflux issues because she is a pretty spit upy baby. Does your LO spit up often, also? Valerie doesn't spit up after every feed, but a couple feedings during the day she has a good spit up and the doctor said it may be reflux. She also has a lot of trapped gas and it takes a good 30 minutes to get a good burp out of her. Do you see this with your LO? I have to watch, because I can't lay her down on her back right after a feeding without getting a burp out of her, because she'll likely spit up. The doctor said these are all signs of a little colic and reflux. Your LO may just have a little bit of both....when does he cry the most? Is it an all day/night thing?

Hmm...It sounds like colic, but I'm not absolutely positive. For the past week, Valerie has about two hours (9pm-11pm) where she is pretty inconsolable. We've put it down to being colic, but I think she also has reflux issues because she is a pretty spit upy baby. Does your LO spit up often, also? Valerie doesn't spit up after every feed, but a couple feedings during the day she has a good spit up and the doctor said it may be reflux. She also has a lot of trapped gas and it takes a good 30 minutes to get a good burp out of her. Do you see this with your LO? I have to watch, because I can't lay her down on her back right after a feeding without getting a burp out of her, because she'll likely spit up. The doctor said these are all signs of a little colic and reflux. Your LO may just have a little bit of both....when does he cry the most? Is it an all day/night thing?

he isnt sick after every feed but allways it at least once or twice a day , he is usually sick when i lie him on his front too as ive started letting him have a little time on his front during the day while im watching him, he tends to cry more in the day he doesnt seem to cry in between hours of 11pm and 8 am but he does get a bit grissely at night at can take me ages to settle him he also tenses up whilst im feeding him and he allways seems to get really frustrated xxx

It would be very hard to say hun without the diagnosis of a dr but I've found a few links for you and I've heard baby massage is very effective for colic and theres a link to click on to.

https://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/yourchild/colic.htm

heres a reflux one too so you can read through them to see if anything rings a bell.

https://www.medic8.com/digestive-disorders/reflux-infant.htm

liam has colic and reflux. with colic i found that his tummy went rock hard and with reflux you could here the milk going up and down his throat like he was going to be sick. to begin with he was projectile vomiting because of refux until the doctor gave me gaviscon infant to go in his feed. for his colic my doctor gave me a homeopathic remedy called colcynthis and its a life saver for when he is really bad with it.

liam has colic and reflux. with colic i found that his tummy went rock hard and with reflux you could here the milk going up and down his throat like he was going to be sick. to begin with he was projectile vomiting because of refux until the doctor gave me gaviscon infant to go in his feed. for his colic my doctor gave me a homeopathic remedy called colcynthis and its a life saver for when he is really bad with it.

i can usually here my baby milk or sick go up and down his throat too like hes going to be sick, maybe he has got this too, does your baby seem to make noises like hes in pain ? xxx

jacob had really bad colic and a friend recommended colief. it worked really well - it was like a personality transplant almost overnight. it's worth a try even if you're not sure if it's colic. you can get it in boots. it's a bit expensive though, but definately worth it if it works!

It does sound like colic. Oliver was unlucky enough to have had both. Unfortunatelly many of these colic remedies don't tend to work too well in severe cases of it and you have to just let it run its course- its tiring and horrible to watch bubs cry all day- i know. But theres not alot more you can do. Nothin seemdd to help Oliver. I heard fennel tea is good for it though, maybe give its a go? It doesnt sound too much like reflux as when Oliver had it he was sick after every feed and it was a vast amount too and smelly. He would also scream during his feeds and for up to 3hrs afterwards. He would arche his back and, shake his head, spit feed out and choke as he swalled- really horrible to watch. His tummy would also always be really hard and his bowls would go from diareah to constipated. have to spoken to HV or GP hun? I hope he gets sorted soon hun- i know how u feel. x

my baby had colic at the start but he is nat as bad with it now. he also has reflux. he has been getting infant gaviscon and sma staydown.

i can usually here my baby milk or sick go up and down his throat too like hes going to be sick, maybe he has got this too, does your baby seem to make noises like hes in pain ? xxx

yeah liam crys in pain with it. it seems to get worse when his colic is playing up. my hv said one usually sets the other off. i would see your gp about gaviscon infant x

jacob had really bad colic and a friend recommended colief. it worked really well - it was like a personality transplant almost overnight. it's worth a try even if you're not sure if it's colic. you can get it in boots. it's a bit expensive though, but definately worth it if it works!

thanks i was gonna get that but trying dentinox instead but il see how this is and maybe give that one a go xxx

It does sound like colic. Oliver was unlucky enough to have had both. Unfortunatelly many of these colic remedies don't tend to work too well in severe cases of it and you have to just let it run its course- its tiring and horrible to watch bubs cry all day- i know. But theres not alot more you can do. Nothin seemdd to help Oliver. I heard fennel tea is good for it though, maybe give its a go? It doesnt sound too much like reflux as when Oliver had it he was sick after every feed and it was a vast amount too and smelly. He would also scream during his feeds and for up to 3hrs afterwards. He would arche his back and, shake his head, spit feed out and choke as he swalled- really horrible to watch. His tummy would also always be really hard and his bowls would go from diareah to constipated. have to spoken to HV or GP hun? I hope he gets sorted soon hun- i know how u feel. x

i spoke to my dr today and im going to see him tomoz and hes going to have a look and charlie, he said if it is reflux he cant give me gaciscon as it needs to be mixed with milk and im breast feeding but he said theres a homeopathic remedy i can try, il let you know what he says tomoz hopefully i can sort this once and for all xxx

i spoke to my dr today and im going to see him tomoz and hes going to have a look and charlie, he said if it is reflux he cant give me gaciscon as it needs to be mixed with milk and im breast feeding but he said theres a homeopathic remedy i can try, il let you know what he says tomoz hopefully i can sort this once and for all xxx

hun you can give gaviscon if your breastfeeding, it can be mixed with either ebm or cooled boiled water and syringe fed before you breastfeed. I know this because I done this :)

hun you can give gaviscon if your breastfeeding, it can be mixed with either ebm or cooled boiled water and syringe fed before you breastfeed. I know this because I done this :)

that strange my doctor never said that , ive been to see him today and hes given me this other liquid to give him so hopefully it will work xxx

it says on the box it can be given to breastfed babies as mamafy said just mixed in x

it says on the box it can be given to breastfed babies as mamafy said just mixed in x

doctors ay he should of known that, but il see what this other stuff is like first he said if he hasnt changed in the next week i have to take him back xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->