Colicky Baby - Help!!

Clopatjo

Reaction score
Girls,

SOS! Bubs is 3 weeks old today :cloud9: however he's having serious cramping/feeding issues. He's on aptimal comfort as he was orig constipated shortly after birth. Also using infacol. Have bought colief but haven't started using it yet.

Two questions for anyone faced w/ the dreaded colic....

I have read good things about C & G comfort on here...is that better than the aptimal comfort...is it worth changing - GP said not to change as upset their system but am a bit of a desperado here!!

Can you use colief with comfort formula...I know comfort food has less lactose in it...so will it be harmful to use both.

Any other tips appreciated. My mum's friend sugg fennel tea and my mum picked some up from herbal store, am a bit nervous about this tho as he is only 3 weeks...rang gp and waiting on go ahead re; tea

I'm not sure about the formula, as my LO has been on SMA since I started FF. I certainly wouldn't give LO tea either although your GP may advise differently.

Have you tried the tiger in the tree hold?

Only one more week and you can start using gripe water, I found it much much better than infacol.

:hugs:

Colief is fantastic however not sure if you can uss it with comfort milk though we used colied with lo and it worked wonders she is 11 weeks tomorrow and weve just started to wean her off it and shes doing great the one thing i will say is if you do use the colief be warned for the watery poop exposions in nappy!!!

What worked for us was Hipp Organic and dentinox added to each bottle. Hipp Organic is thin like breastmilk and very gentle on the tummy. The dentinox was easy because you can add it straight to each bottle.
I found Aptamil and C&G made LO a lot worse tbh xx

Re the fennel tea.. Hipp actually produce for babies in Germany but never seen it over here.... it is an anti spasmodic so good for stomach cramps. Sufferers of IBS use it.
Dont forget that TANIN is in this tea which STOPS the absorption of Iron... so on that reason I would not give it xx

He-he-he - the fennel tea is for mum's breastfeeding meethinks! It doesn't taste too goo dand since you are formula feeding that's not going to help.

I can't say about using colief with comfort mlk as we stuck to SMA Gold but colief did work wonders for our little one. Be warned it is a real faff. You have to put it in warm, not hot or cold water, for 20 mins otherwise it doesnt work. This means being very prepared with your feeds. I started it as I moved Rose onto a 3hour ish rouine and it wrked out well. Often colicky/fussy babies thrive off routine anyway. If I ever got caught out and thought she was hungry before the feed was ready, I would just put the colief in anyway and not worry.

Good luck - it started to work with us withing 6 hours and our darling had uninterupted sleep for the first time in her life :)

When we had issues with our LO we used the tommee tippee anti colic plus bottles with the tube in. They really seemed to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->