Colief - could use some advice

Ganton

Reaction score
My 5 week old DS seems to have colic. I've tried infacol and gripe water, but neither are working and he's getting worse, so I want to try colief.

I know colief needs to be mixed with milk first and my DS takes a bottle really well, but I want to continue to breastfeed directly as much as possible. Does anyone have any tips on how to administer the colief in as hassle-free way as possible? I love the convenience of breastfeeding, especially when in out, but I hate seeing my LO so uncomfortable so want to give colief a good go.

I have no experience with colief but I know mums who have been taught how to do a 5min tummy massage that works perfect.

Does it have to be given every feed? X

Yes, I think it needs to be every feed. I've bought the colief and expressed this morning, so I'm going to try giving an ounce in a bottle before each feed and see how much hassle that is.

I've booked onto a baby massage course, so I'm hoping that will help too.

I used Colief and it does work! First I just mixed a few drops with a couple of teaspoons of my BM and fed it to my wee one via a spoon before I boobied him. That was a particular arse-ache, so I read somewhere that a mother just put the drops on her nipples when he fed her wee one. I tried that (2-3 drops) and it still worked. :)

I think.... perhaps it was all in my mind. All I know is that his nappies were less explosive, less green and he seemed in less pain.

Thanks for the ideas. I've been using it for about 36 hours now (putting in about 1oz of expressed milk in a bottle before breastfeeding). He still had a bit of a rough evening last night, so I'm hoping it's one of those things that takes a couple of days to take effect and that we'll have a better night tonight. If it works then I'll probably experiment with putting it straight onto nipples, as sorting expressed bottles for every feed takes all of the convenience out of breastfeeding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->