Colour B4 - Hair dye remover/stripper

BebVern

3 MC, on a break (TTC #1)
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

Today I decided to give Colour B4 a go and see what wonders awaited me under the 934629594 layers of dye on my poor hair. Plan is to let my hair grow out a bit, so that I can get away with not colouring it at all while we TTC and while I'm preggo. I've just lost my first pregnancy, and faffing with my hair is the last thing I want to be doing for the rest of the year, so it'll be a nice change.

I followed the instructions, slathered the eggy fart smelling fluid all over my hair, wrapped my head in cling film, covered it in a hat (to trap the heat in) and went about playing Pokemon on my Game Boy for an hour while it did it's thing (I know, I'm 27 in May. Don't judge me).

Rinsing the ******* out took AAAAAGES and my hair felt very dry, but after copious amounts of conditioner all was ok.

Thing is though, I'm now blonde. As in, right to the root, golden blonde. I haven't had highlights for over a year so it can't be that...?
I'm not complaining as it looks lovely - but it's definitely lighter than my natural hair colour. Apart from the faint smell of overcooked cabbage I'm very impressed!

Is the blondness common? Has anyone else used Colour B4 and ended up with lighter hair than normal? I'm thinking it's all a bit *too* convenient and I'll wake up tomorrow bald. :dohh:

I haven't used colourb4 before (something similar by l'oreal) and I wanted to strip some black out - I accidentally got some on my roots and they came out blonde as blonde. I think it's totally normal and my hair is still intact. I was even told not to apply it to my roots but stupid me managed to. It didn't matter anyway as I was dying over it with red but yeah I think it's totally normal.

Ahh that's good to know! It didn't mention anything about using it on the roots, but since I only dyed my hair 2 weeks ago I didn't have any natural colour exposed anyway.

At least I can relax now! Thank you :)

I used it a couple of years ago to strip my darkness out of my hair (after previously bleaching it and going just about every variant between blonde and dark brown over the years). The smell really is awful isn't it?!

My hair went from a darkish-brown to a sandy strawberry blonde, which actually looked really nice! It soon faded though. As it can't strip bleach (or anything lighter than your own hair colour supposedly), the bleached bits started to re-appear as my hair is very pourous from damage caused by dying it too much.

I ended up using a semi-permenant dye on it once the strawberry blondeness faded and then let it grow out. I'm NEARLY there 3 years later.

Overall, I think it definatly stripped out the dark, but was unable to strip out the old bleach. I guess if that hadn't been there, it would have been perfect. It did what it said on 'the tin' though. So thumbs up from me!

I've used this stuff a lot in the past to get black out of my hair and then I went a couple of years being red. I'm naturally blonde and I've found it leaves my hair a ginger colour so then I just put an ash blonde on to tone it down.

I last stripped my hair in May just after I had my LO and have put a semi permanent blonde on twice. I can't remember when I last dyed it but it is pretty close to my natural colour now :)

Unless you used the stripper and not the remover. There are two versions.
The remover contains no peroxide and shrinks the molecules in order from them to be washed from the hair (the buffering process)

There's two reasons why your hair is lighter if you haven't been that light a shade before:

If you used the stripper and not the remover - the stripper contains peroxide and effectively bleaches it out.

If you used the remover - Your hair is lighter because with any hair dye, it does lighten and process the hair about a shade to deposit the colour. You've done it a few times so this might be why. The remover isn't damaging, it just dries the hair out but it's nothing that can't be solved with a treatment

Thanks for all your replies :)

It's definitely the remover version I used as it specifically stated 'no ammonia or peroxide'.

I'm assuming that because my hair was dyed all over, the dye I used previously must have contained enough peroxide to leave my hear washed out once the pigment was removed. The last colour I dyed my hair repeatedly (before covering it with one lot of mid brown) was a very vivid red-orange, so I imagine this is what's happened.

I have some 'dark golden blonde' on standby in case of any problems after the next wash ;)

Sounds about right hun! If you have problems with roots being darker, it might be best to use a nice and easy 8 wash non-permanant. It might be enough just to slightly darken it without anymore use of peroxide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->