Coming off BCP changing cycles?

sammiemama

Reaction score
Before taking BCP I had regular cycles- I didn't track them or anything but i never had any issue. I was on BCP for 3 years, about 8 mo off and then was on it again for 3 years. I've now been off since February. I have been keeping tracking of my period start dates to help me keep in touch with my body and cycles. For Feb-April I had 28 day cycles. May it was exactly 1 week later- 35 days. June was back to 28 days. July was 35 days! I haven't been able to find any info out there from other woman who experienced this- has anyone else had this? What do you think? Any thoughts or info are welcome! I'm starting to worry something could be wrong? Thank you!

Hey there,

I'm about to come off the Nuva Ring after being on some sort of birth control for 10 years! From what I've been (obsessively) reading about it, 3-6 months is the average time for cycles to even out after coming off.

As far as I can tell you're perfectly normal! :hugs:

PS - where in Washington are you? I'm down here in Portland!

Hi there ladies! I like this thread, I am also wondering about cycles! I was on the generic Mononessa BCP for roughly 15 years; I came off it in June, had my period (I call it the last pill period, ha) from June 14---17. And here we are, August 3rd, and I have YET to have my period or anything like it. I am not sure what to do, just give it some more time? Any thoughts/advice? Thank you very much!!

Pink Lace -- I think a little tincture of time is all you need - I'd give it 3 mos before checking with the lady parts doc :shrug:

Yep mine have been squiggly, and they used to be 28 days and soo reliable before BCP. I was on Marvelon for 10 years without any issues. Mine have been 23, 29, 28(?) and 26. Fingers crossed I don't get to find out what mine is in August! I'd say 3-6 months is about right, but if there are big gaps between AF's then it's worth seeing your DR to see if they can kick start things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->