Coming off birth control & going back to 'normal'

AnnieS

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused and slightly freaked out and hoping for some advice... sorry if it's TMI... (and thanks in advance for any advice/reassurance!)

Took my last birth control pill on 18 July after being on them for 10+ years, had my withdrawal bleed, and was hoping my cycle would get back to normal (or what I remember to be normal, but it's been a while!) Unfortunately I got headaches, oily hair, oily skin and terrible moodiness. I was expecting my period on or around 18 August, but nothing.

From about Sunday 25 August I started getting cramps and thought finally, something was happening. I had been checking my CM and noticed the area was tender on the same day. I would have no idea when (or if!) I ovulated. Then on Wednesday 29 August I squeezed my breasts and a whitish/clear discharge came out. My breasts have been aching on and off ever since, the cramps continue, and my CM has increased.

Two negative pregnancy tests later, my GP is telling me to wait a week or two and re-test.... so I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced crazy hormones coming off the pill, or maybe........?

Wow, I so could have written this... up until you mentioned the fluid coming from your nipples!!.... I will be stalking this thread to see if anyone has any ideas :)

FX'd for your early bfp :)

Thank you for replying. Everything seemed "standard" until the lactating part, and that's when I freaked out! My doctor is doing some blood tests, but I can't get in to see him for those until Friday. It feels like forever, especially with my hormonal mood swings! I'll keep you posted.

I have a question for you since you have been on the pill for a long time. In june I suffered my 3rd loss in an 8 month time frame, I do have kids. In July I still didn't get my period from my loss so my dr told me just take the pill. I took the pill and got my period towards the end of the pack.

My dr said b/c I wasn't taking it right after a period I would get a fake period. So I have been taking it from july 24th I try to take it at 7pm but I never take it on time I take it anywhere from 7pm to midnight. I know thats not good but I am so busy its hard to remember but I try to take it as close to 7pm as I can.

Does this increase my chances of possibly getting pregnant? to make matters worse I had sex with my hub friday morning I forgot to take my pill that night I took it the next afternoon like 18 hours later I then took the next dose at the correct time, is there a chance I could get pregnant? I know I need to be ovulating and I know the purpose of the pill is to prevent it but I also not its not 100% and it doesnt help I havent been taking my pill at the same time everyday!

Today I started the 1st pill of the 3rd row so next week is my last row of pills, dont know if that makes a difference. TIA

I'm on cycle 4 off the pill and STILL not normal. It actually seems to be getting worse. It's definitely hard to wait and not know if you're pregnant or if it's off the pill side effects

I got the results of my blood tests today. Apparently my hormones indicate I'm in the first part of my cycle.... so on day 52 I'm getting pretty frustrated and want to know what's going on and when things will get back to something resembling 'normal'. So sick of the cramps, spotting, oily hair, oily skin, and moodiness, with no AF in sight.

FeLynn, the pill is pretty robust. I've been on the Pill for about 12 years before coming off in July. Taking it between 7pm and midnight really isn't an issue at all, as long as you try and make sure there isn't more between 36 hours between pills you're fine. So, for example taking today's at 7pm and tomorrows at 11pm is fine but even if you forgot tomorrow's and took it as soon as you wake up around 7am the day after (so that would be 36hrs since today's at 7pm if that makes sense) you'll be fine. If you do forget one, take it asap. My gyno always told me that as long as you have been taking it regularly for at least a week before a slip up it's very unlikely that anything should happen. And like you said, the time frame in which you can actually get pregnant is so small, it would be very unlucky timing! Hope this helps! Why don't you try just taking it whenever you go to bed (put it next to your toothbrush/alarmclock/your book)? Or set a reminder on your phone? That's what I always did!

I'm in my second cycle off the pill. The first one was pretty normal (if a bit longer at 32 days), fingers crossed it stays that way! And all the best to Annie and Princess that things calm down for you both and you get some clarity!

Well I took an HPT test today as have been off the pill for nearly a month, had a withdrawl bleed for a few days and then a few days after that I had what I thought was ovulation symptoms as I've heard it can be common for your body to release an egg soon after the drop in pill hormone..... So for the past 2 weks I've been having cramping, nausea, tiredness and then tingly nipples. I thought ooh, maybe I'm pg as I made sure we dtd around that time just incase. Well I'm app 14dpo today and the test came back neg :(.... I'm now starting to think that, like you these symproms are all to do with my body getting used to coming off the pill :(

I suppose I should just be patient and wait for AF to rear it's ugly head!

Good luck to you x

I was on the pill for 3 years before coming off to ttc/ ntnp for my first. My 1st period was normal but after that I had very long cycles no shorter than 43 days. My 2nd period was 73 days long and I genuinely believed that I was pregnant! Towards the end of it I was even feeling phantom kicks and I had morning sickness really badly! I did finally get pregnant after a year, but only 6 cycles, of 'trying'! I found out on what would have been cd 73 and I was, I later found out, only 4 weeks and 1 day pregnant so must have ovulated at some point around cd 50! It was a horrible year and I'm amazed it didn't make my first year of marriage more difficult than it did- I'm really glad I have such good friends to take the pressure off my husband as I know that he suffered that year too! I now have a beautiful daughter who turns 9 months this week and we're passively trying again now and hoping it doesn't take as long this time, although I have new problems as I've just stopped breastfeeding and have yet to have a period so I'm currently hoping we catch/ have caught first ovulation! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->