Coming off Birth Control Pills?

Pink Lace

Reaction score
Hi there! I am supposed to start a new pack of pills tomorrow, they are the generic Mononessa. Well, for the first time in about 15 years, I am not going to, and yes, I'm a tad nervous about that! But I really want to get my body back to how it used to be and prepare for a baby, etc. My question is (as you can see from the title) HOW is it when coming off the pills? What to expect? A huge part of me is nervous about my skin---I started taking the pill in part because they helped with my complexion. That is my main worry, I think I can deal with the other stuff :) A little info: I just finished my period yesterday, so am also wondering when I would ovulate again? I realize everyone is different, but if anyone has any suggestions/advice, particularly if you've been on Mononessa, I would love to hear whatever you have to say!! Thanks for your time! :thumbup:

I'm afraid i can't answer your question, but like you, I have just finished my last pack of pills. I am due to bleed today and start taking my new pack on Wednesday, but I am not going too.

TBH, I was a little naieve about it all, I pretty much assumed that I'd stop BCP, have a period, get pregnant, I mean, look how freaked out I'd be if I was on antibiotics or if I were to vomit!

Anyway, as it seems that wont be the case, I too am a little anxious/nervous but also excited, to see what I am like pill free, as for me, it has been around 14 years.

Hope all goes well for you and you get back to normal asap!

I'm afraid i can't answer your question, but like you, I have just finished my last pack of pills. I am due to bleed today and start taking my new pack on Wednesday, but I am not going too.

TBH, I was a little naieve about it all, I pretty much assumed that I'd stop BCP, have a period, get pregnant, I mean, look how freaked out I'd be if I was on antibiotics or if I were to vomit!

Anyway, as it seems that wont be the case, I too am a little anxious/nervous but also excited, to see what I am like pill free, as for me, it has been around 14 years.

Hope all goes well for you and you get back to normal asap!
Ahhh, so we're kind of in the same boat here! Yes, I am with you: I think I am kind of naive too; I tend to think things are much more cut & dried than they probably will be, ha ha. YES, I am excited to be pill free----to be honest, I can't even remember how it was before the pills, it's been that long. I'm hoping (Cross your fingers) that all will be well, I just can't predict how it'll be.....good luck to you too Joey, I appreciate the response!!!!

Well last month i stopped taking my BCP and ended up getting my period a week earlier then i was suppose to . Not sure if its helpful or anything

When I went off my BFP not much changed. I was lucky enough to go straight back to 28 day cycles. The only change was that now I get O pains and sometimes O bleeding! I have seen women go months without ovulating or getting a period after stopping BCPs, hope this isn't the case for you!

Have you been on the same brand for the whole 15 years?

i have been off the pill since march 27th. i got my first non withdrawal bleed on the 10th of may, i am currently still waiting for the next at cd 42... it really is different for everyone tho

Hi there! Let's see, I believe I started off on Ortho Tri Cyclen, then went to Mononessa.....so those 2 brands. Thanks for the help!

I started on microgynon, then another one I can't remember, about 6 years on celeste and now, for about 2 years, on yasmin. Does it make a difference if it has been different brands?

I stopped the BCP in march and ever since then, I now have O pains and can feel it coming, and my skin is absolutely horrid! It has never been this bad, but I haven't taken great care of it while on the BCP. I always slept in my makeup because I had run out of facewash at the boyfriends house, so now i've made it a point to wash my face everyday and keep from touching it so much. Also I was lucky enough to now have 26-28 day cycles and am pretty much right on the money as far as regularity goes, which I think it from being on the pill so long! Headaches seem to be a symptom too. Good luck to you :)

I stopped the BCP in march and ever since then, I now have O pains and can feel it coming, and my skin is absolutely horrid! It has never been this bad, but I haven't taken great care of it while on the BCP. I always slept in my makeup because I had run out of facewash at the boyfriends house, so now i've made it a point to wash my face everyday and keep from touching it so much. Also I was lucky enough to now have 26-28 day cycles and am pretty much right on the money as far as regularity goes, which I think it from being on the pill so long! Headaches seem to be a symptom too. Good luck to you :)
Ugh, I hear you on the skin----I hate skin issues :( Thank you for your post, and good luck to you as well Ali!

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my BFP yesterday, only 11dpo, so cautious at the minute, but hoping that all will be ok. Stopped pill exactly two months ago.

Just wanted to let you all know that I got my BFP yesterday, only 11dpo, so cautious at the minute, but hoping that all will be ok. Stopped pill exactly two months ago.

SO Great, wonderful news!!! Keep us posted ok? Very happy for you, that was fast! :)

Hun, unfortunately it was a chemical pregnancy, AF arrived despite the BFPs :(

I stopped taking my bc right after my period at the end of July. I ovulated about 12 days after my period but it takes longer for some. All I know is that I stopped feeling so bloated after I stopped taking the pill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->