• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

comment that irks me

tina426

Reaction score
While i have to concede my pregnancy had been pretty uncomfortable and stressful for me (blessed/lucky is just all the normal aches and pains and discomforts and probably routine anxiety over health of baby and planning)....I'm now pretty close to huge, 26+1 today....it's in no way debilitating/hasn't changed by lifestyle other than the normal -no booze no softball league this season etc...

But

Various people have stated dropping the "you're too pregnant to...","you're in no condition to...."and it's literally thing from being at work late, to grocery shopping alone, to walking the dog during "the heat of the day"

Why do people not realize this is actually pretty offensive? Is it me be crazy/hormonal?

Completely agree, I am not sick, dying or disabled I am just pregnant!! My mom tried to pull that crap with me earlier this week...I looked at my almost 2 year old, 35lb toddler and laughed! But today I will say I pulled a muscle getting my screaming toddler from off the grocery store floor and am paying for it now! So just don't over do it but normal everyday things are a have to do!

I was on a site visit in town with a work colleague and she kept telling me to watch out for the curb in case I fell over. I felt like I was 2!

I get that too even though I'm only 15 weeks! My grandmother won't even let me push her wheelchair!

Oh I must be in the minority because I'm loving being treated like I should be in bubble wrap!!! But previously I worked from 7.30am-7.30pm and lugged hefty legal bundles around so I love my new hours! I also got told to go home when the office air con broke down and certainly didn't complain at that!

I can see why it is annoying for some people though :(

People just think you are extra precious when you are pregnant! Make the most of it, once they get here the comments change to everything you are doing wrong lol!

I kinda like it when people are concerned about me doing too much. But sometimes the comments are a little much. I mean I'm home all day with a very active 16 month old and I don't have any help until my hubby gets home. I got this! If I need any help I ask.

Oh god I hated this! My MIL was the worst. She was horrified when she found out I put fuel in my own car and inflated my own tyres at the garage.
The worst when she used to totally patronise and scold me for not having a coat on. Like seriously have you ever heard of something happening to an unborn baby because it's mother didn't wear a coat when it was barely cold outside while walking 5 meters to the warm car? I felt like a total child.
I once got the telling off of a life time because it was 3pm and I hadn't eaten anything yet. Thing is I'd been working nights and I didn't get out of bed until 2pm!

It was such a relief when my LO was born and now I could have a limb hanging off and no one would bat an eyelid at me.

I like that, haha... I figure I won't be pregnant for long and it's the only time you get this kind of attention. It's not like it's comming from a bad place, people just want you and baby happy and safe. :)

I don't mind this kind of attention too much, it depends on how forceful people are about it. My mom seems to think that the one flight of stairs I have to go up to get home is an insurmountable mountain of pain... I find this to be silly. I think its nice if people check up and make sure you're ok, but if you answer back that you're fine, they should drop it.

This is driving me potty, not happening too much yet, but there are a couple of people at work who immediately say "let me do that" whenever they see me about to clean or, god forbid, lift some dirty bedding. It wouldn't be so bad, but there are chunks of my job I genuinely cannot do, so have had to stop doing those, meaning a lot more work is on my colleagues and I am desperate to do what I can to ease their burden rather than sitting on my ever expanding behind!

I'm constantly told "your not even showing" "your tiny" from mothers, surely they themselves know these comments are annoying lol

I'm constantly told "your not even showing" "your tiny" from mothers, surely they themselves know these comments are annoying lol

I get this comment all the time of how small I am for 34 weeks, I get told with my jacket on I don't look pregnant by some people.

I get this comment all the time of how small I am for 34 weeks, I get told with my jacket on I don't look pregnant by some people.

I got this yesterday, at a festival and they offered me a beer. Then i apparently changed how i was standing and "looked a little pregnant" (I'm almost 27 weeks!)...and then they launched into stories of serving pregnant women....i have chosen not to drink, but that is a very personal choice to be going on about...

I guess I'm just a naive first time mom and can't believe the liberties people take in giving opinions on how a pregnant woman should take care of herself, her body, her baby, etc

I got this yesterday, at a festival and they offered me a beer. Then i apparently changed how i was standing and "looked a little pregnant" (I'm almost 27 weeks!)...and then they launched into stories of serving pregnant women....i have chosen not to drink, but that is a very personal choice to be going on about...

I guess I'm just a naive first time mom and can't believe the liberties people take in giving opinions on how a pregnant woman should take care of herself, her body, her baby, etc

I'm a first time mum to and was quite surprised what comments pregnant women can get, the one thing that can bug me the most is people giving me their opinion on how to raise my baby and she is not here yet, I know people are trying to be nice but sometimes it's like I want to do this my way and if I need your advice I will ask

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->