Comments on NTNP

EstelSeren

Married Mum of 2!
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else has had odd comments from other people when it comes to ntnp.

It's pretty much common knowledge amongst the people I know that we're 'trying' for a baby. Most people are fine with it and I can speak about things openly with my closest friends. There is one girl I know though, who's already a mum and is currently pregnant with her 2nd, that has said some weird things to me about ttc and ntnp in a very superior and condescending manner. The comment that has stuck out the most though is this:
Her: So what are you using?
Me: Nothing- I'm ntnp, just having a lot of sex and seeing how things go
Her: Oh, that NEVER works. (Her emphasis, not mine!)

The scariest thing is she's a secondary school teacher and a youth worker! I pray that that's not the message that she gives the kids she works with! :dohh:

Beca :wave:

I thought ntnp was the usual ... I mean I don't think previous generations had fertility monitors and ov sticks! lol

x

Eh? it never works? How does she think people used to get pg before the days of opks and temping? Daft!

I haven't had any comments yet because we're keeping it quiet. :blush:

Ha ha silly girl, hmmm I wonder how they did it before then lol....

I havent had any comments, but then I havent really told anyone, have just said that I would love to have another 2 babies.....

Dont take any notice of her comment though hun, just let it blow over your head.....

thats stupid. maybe it does not work for her but that doesnt mean it doesnt work for others.

Seems to work pretty well for the guest of Jeremy Kyle :rofl:

But seriously, isn't NTNP how its usually done? Stop contraception, shag a little more, get pg. As opposed to think about having baby, google said subject, find B&B or similar and start temping/opk/charting.

What an odd comment! Of course it works, otherwise how would people who accidently fall pregnant, actually fall pregnant?? LOL

In fairness, if you're not watching your cycles and checking exactly when you're ovulating and not just having sex over your fertile period, it might take longer but doesn't mean it's wrong. In fact, when I was TTC for DD1, I caught the month I stopped trying. I was much more relaxed and it paid off.

You have to do what feels right for you.

Lots of luck for your impending :bfp: :winkwink:

Hayley xxxx

What a load of poo!!!!
Sorry, but other than temping (which my mum did when they had lost 2 by MC) there wasn't an awful lot that was done. And the daft thing is, people used to look at my mum a little weird (I'm told) because she had been recommended to try this method when they were trying to concieve.

Comments like that rile me somewhat. Just let her comments 'wash' over you, smile sweetly and change the subject. :) :hug:

I'd just ignore her :hugs:

I call NTNP "trying for a baby the old fashioned way" :winkwink: We have conceived twice just by literally stopping using contraception and enjoying ourselves and although i miscarried early on in our first pregnancy our beautiful little boy was conceived just two weeks later, the very first time we DTD without contraception following the MC, so it certainly seems to work for us an we're hoping it will this time round too :thumbup:

I wonder if your friend is a little jealous at your laid-back attitude and that's why she felt the need to be a little 'off' with you about it? Or she might just be one of these types who because she has children thinks she 'knows it all'?! :shrug:

I'd just ignore her :hugs:

I call NTNP "trying for a baby the old fashioned way" :winkwink: We have conceived twice just by literally stopping using contraception and enjoying ourselves and although i miscarried early on in our first pregnancy our beautiful little boy was conceived just two weeks later, the very first time we DTD without contraception following the MC, so it certainly seems to work for us an we're hoping it will this time round too :thumbup:

I wonder if your friend is a little jealous at your laid-back attitude and that's why she felt the need to be a little 'off' with you about it? Or she might just be one of these types who because she has children thinks she 'knows it all'?! :shrug:

I know that she over plans everything so that she doesn't stress. I'm the exact opposite- the more I plan the more I stress! So I'm convinced that I'm doing the right thing for me! Plus, my husband has told me that he refuses point blank to perform on demand so anything other than ntnp just wouldn't work for us! To be honest, this is the first month that I've properly let go and I'm a lot more positive than I have been over the past few months. At the moment though, I'm definitely of the opinion that having a cycle under 40 days would be something of a small triumph. A pregnancy is the ideal I strive for after that point! :dohh:
She made me doubt myself for a bit, then I told my husband who found the notion hilarious and it's been something of a joke in our circle of friends ever since! I know full well that my true friends are there for me through everything and support me through whatever decisions I make. :happydance::cloud9:

Beca :wave:

Im sorry but her comment just made me laugh especially as a youth worker that is terrible! Whats her next thing if you do it standing up you wont catch either lol.

I know that it might take longer but considering my son was conceived on the pill and through a condom i think her over planning everything has clouded her judgement somewhat.

:hugs:

wow samsugar, your son was very determined! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vz99vet
Back