Complete Placenta Previa- Outcomes

Ikkyb

Reaction score
Hello ladies I'm only 11 weeks but I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa after a heavy gush of red blood. I rushed to the ER. Then saw my doc and they are hopeful it will move as the uterus expands, but since it's a complete one they are still unsure. I'm so scared of having a premie or a hemmorage has anyone had or heard of good outcomes that they found in the first trimester? Thanks :eek:

If your doctor isn't worried, I wouldn't worry (or look things up on the internet!).

I have complete (diagnosed at 20 weeks), but since only the edge of my placenta is in the way they seem pretty hopeful that it will move. I haven't had any bleeding or other symptoms though. Really, as long as they are tracking it during your pregnancy and as long as you take it easy if/when they tell you to, I don't see any reason to worry too much. If it doesn't move, you'll just need a c-section. I mean, obviously don't blow it off, but you are so early, there is plenty of time for it to move.

I was diagnosed with complete placenta praevia at 29 weeks, with no bleeding but my cervix was bang in the middle of my placenta. By 6 weeks later it had moved up so that the edge was 0.5cm from cervix opening. I still needed to get a section as it hadn't moved enough.

However, if mine moved that much in 6 weeks hopefully your placenta will move far far away and you shouldn't have adverse effects.

I won't share my whole story as it was an unusual occurrence and I don't want you to worry. But what I will say is, if you have any bleeding at all, even a tiny amount, get it checked out. And take it easy. Avoid any heavy lifting, anything too strenuous and even sex. The advice I was given was "Don't strain your uterus". Now, I'm not exactly sure how a person strains their uterus, but I wouldn't take the chance on anything energetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->