Complete Placenta Previa with spotting at 22 weeks - buddies/moral support required!

Jemsybabes

Cautiously Expecting #3
Reaction score
Writing this from a hospital bed and feeling terrified! At my 20 week scan I was told my placenta was lying low and to come over to the Hosp if I had any bleeding. So yesterday morning at 22 weeks I had brown discharge on wiping. I went over to the hospital and they scanned me and said I have complete placenta previa which is unlikely to budge as it's on both anterior and posterior wall of uterus. They admitted me to Hosp for observation and I was told this morning that I have to stay until tomorrow to make sure bleeding settles. So far it's still the brown spotting.
In short, I'm terrified! I've been reading horror stories online about women losing their babies because of this condition and now I'm in a state of panic. I'm also desperately missing my other two children, ive never been away from them overnight in my life 😥😥
Would be great to hear from anyone who's been through/is going through this !!

I had placenta previa with ds3 although my midwife never explained how serious it was which when I look back now scares me but actually made me much more relaxed about the whole thing.

I didn't treat my pregnancy any differently (because I didn't know the risks) but at 36 weeks had a massive bleed which wouldn't stop and baby was delivered that night by emcs. I can not imagine being stuck in a hospital bed as you are but trust me if I had it again that is exactly where I'd want to be, it's by far the safest place for you until things settle down. When you get out just try and take things as easy as possible which won't be easy with 2 other children I know and don't take any chances. I would plan a back up so you can get yourself to hospital straight away at any given time and if necessary be prepared to call for an ambulance if you can't get yourself there (my neighbour is a midwife and she said bleeding with placenta previa would be recognised as a justified reason for an emergency ambulance.)

I know that probably all sounds so scary but as I said my midwife did not tell me any of this and if I'd of started bleeding during the day when my oh was at work and I had no child care planned it could have taken me a lot longer to get to hospital. Having said that if you don't bleed anymore and you're being monitored closely you should have nothing to worry about. Good luck

Thank you so much I appreciate this!!! Anyone else have experience of complete pp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->