Complete shift in our daily routine, need advice.

Janers

Reaction score
I'm back at work, my LO is just over 9 months old. I'm very lucky that I nanny for a family and I bring my DD with me.

Here is my question: Our daily routine is completely out of whack. She used to nap at 10am and again at 3 pm (roughly). I nanny for a 3 year old, and a 1.5 year old, they are very very active, and my daughter can not miss a thing and wont nap in the morning. I try everything, I can get her to doze off in my arms, or in a carrier, but never long enough to make a difference.

I'm also noticing she's a bit anxious when all my attention is on one of the other kids. I try very hard to make this easy for her, I hold her and carry her, engage her, I don't want her to feel left out, or ignored.

May sound silly, but I think this is very very different for her, and I really want the transition to be easy.

I only work half days, 9am-1pm right now, but will be working full days soon.

Any tips would be appreciated!

Any tips on how to make such a huge adjustment work?

I'm sorry, the other important question (also the reason I posted this in the breastfeeding section) is that she has completely quit nursing while we are there. She is easily distracted, and has been for a month or so. I struggle to nurse her in public, because she won't focus. I'm sure that is why she won't nurse while we are at work, but I'm worried, is she going to get enough milk? She won't wean herself will she? I know that is very very rare at such a young age. I can't help but worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->