Completely confused and need advice.

Snalker

Reaction score
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I'm 39. I have a six year old and a three year old and we've been trying for just over a year for another baby. I got pregnant about 6 months ago, but miscarried at about 10 weeks. I'm hoping that since I've been pregnant three times before, that's a good sign.

BUT..... I've started having night-sweats really bad. I was wondering if this could be caused by some herbs that I'm taking. (I take Evening Primrose oil for the first two weeks of my cycle and switch to Flaxseed oil for the last two weeks) After a little research, I found that nightsweats are a sign of pre-menopause. I'm panicking right now!! I also read that Flaxseed oil is supposed to HELP. (which it's definitely NOT doing!) I'm panicking even more!

I've thought of talking to my doctor about this but I'm scared that if I tell her about the nightsweats, and the loss of CF, that she won't be willing to "help" me get pregnant. I KNOW I'm ovulating. I have a very definite temp jump and fall every month, and I'm using the Clearblue Fertility monitor and it tells me that I have 3 or 4 high fertility days each month and 2 peak days. My periods are very regular and last about 2 to 3 days, and my cycle is ALWAYS 29 days long. I have beautiful charts.

Is there anything that a doctor would be able to do to help me if I'm starting pre-menopause? We don't want to do anything huge. We are really so thankful that we do have two beautiful daughters, but is there anything simple that a doctor could do? I don't want to start fertility drugs or anything, and I know this sounds dumb, but is there a horomone pill or something that I could take to give me one last chance of getting pregnant? I'm really scared after reading all that about menopause and really need some advice right now. :cry:

Bless u! I am a little younger and thought the same! But it turned out not! Go to you doctors and ask for a 3rd day FSH test, that will give you the answer. I believe under 10 is good, 10-15 borderline, and over 25 not good? Remember women do get pregnant in the perimenopause, often with twins! If you are ovulating and have regular periods, you can get pregnant!

Hope that helps you. You need to know if you can what age your mom went thru the change, doctor agreed to test me as I am adopted and therefore had no idea!

best of luck:hugs:

Oh, forgot to say I believe the drug of choice in perimenopause is Clomid. Altho I am not a doctor. lol

ask to ge the anti mullerian hormone blood test. This shows your egg reserve and shows for definate if you are perimenopausal. Got mine a couple of weeks ago cos ttc 10 months now, i'm nearly 37, never been preg!
mine came back 70 which is 'optimal' so time not a factor for us just yet as all cylinders firing apparently!
I'm 10dpo today....tested bfn yesterday...too nervous to test today!

Thanks guys. So does a 3rd day FSH test have to be done on the third day of my cycle? What about the anti mullerian hormone blood test? Does it have to be done on a certain day?

And Thanks MadMax. Just that one sentence about "if you're ovulating and have regular periods, you can get pregnant" makes me feel so much better!

I guess I'm really emotional right now because my Aunt Flo is going to show up today or tomorrow. (I know because my temp dropped this morning and my husband was out of town during my fertile time this month. :( And it didn't help that my sister is posting on Facebook about her pregnancy with twins. She and I had the same due-date before I miscarried. :(

Ah bless, I do feel for you. It is really difficult. Trust me when you get pregnant you will be more emotional than when you have PMT! I am driving my DH, DS and DD mental! (only DH knows why!) not telling the kids until all is well teenager will go something like......... Oh god TMI surely you two don't still DO IT!!!! lol.

Brain doesn't work well these days, but a few questions, well more than a few!

1, Flaxseed GAVE me nightsweats, I changed to Vit B complex 100
2, By CF do U mean CM?
3, Are you BDing at the right time?
4, How long have you been actively trying?

I also know its hard after MC, but reading the internet can drive you mad!!!!
I have everything and I mean EVERYTHING!!!!

Premature ovarian failure, perimenopause, blocked tubes, short luteal phase oh and cervical stenosis!!!!!

Clearly I have none of the above!

GP is lovely she knows me so well, said when she sends someone for tests they appear beforehand pregnant!

I still can't believe it! I have now decided that I have duff eggs and will have another mc, my doctor assures me I am not insane!!:hugs:

Day 3 FSH should be done on day 3, tho day 23 progesterone may be adjusted if you have a long or short luteal phase. The beauty of the AMH is that it can be done any day of your cycle regardless of how long your cycle is.
hope that helps!
:flower:

Day 3 FSH should be done on day 3, tho day 23 progesterone may be adjusted if you have a long or short luteal phase. The beauty of the AMH is that it can be done any day of your cycle regardless of how long your cycle is.
hope that helps!
:flower:

Interesting...they told me the progesterone one was day 21... I had it done yesterday

ask to ge the anti mullerian hormone blood test. This shows your egg reserve and shows for definate if you are perimenopausal. Got mine a couple of weeks ago cos ttc 10 months now, i'm nearly 37, never been preg!
mine came back 70 which is 'optimal' so time not a factor for us just yet as all cylinders firing apparently!
I'm 10dpo today....tested bfn yesterday...too nervous to test today!

does the fsh test show you if you are premenpausal then, because mine came back at 5.0 and my gp said im not heading for menopasual yet from those results.... i was never offered the amh test by my gp isnt the fsh test as good for a guideline as a amh then? i am confused now x

Hi ladies.
Madmax - are you saying you got pregnant despite all those conditions? If so, I am completely amazed and inspired! I am 41 and have been ttc for 27 cycles with nada. Had all the routine tests, all ok. Just been to FS clinic and told they can't find anything obvious wrong so are sending me for hsg later this month. REally really panicking in case my tubes are blocked as we can't afford ivf.
x

Oh wait a minute, I just re-read your post and I think you meant that you imagined you had everything but obviously did't ! lol Sorry, duh, being a thicko today :) xxx
Weird though cos I am also imagining the worst!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->