Compression socks and pantyhose - Whats your experience?

haleiwamama

Benji's mom and TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies, Im trying to avoid varicose veins... so I was wondering if any of you have worn compression socks or pantyhose during pregnancy and what type you used. Im not swelling yet, it's more of a preventative measure... although i know its a matter of time because I have bad circulation even though I eat (very) healthy and exercise often.

Ive used the full size one but I cant imagine how hard it would be to put that on right now, so i was thinking of using the knee length version.. just unsure if it'll be any good.

Good luck with getting them on! I was told to wear them from about 36 weeks before getting up in the morning and not taking them off til I was in bed to help my feet but it didn't stop the swelling as it was just water retention.
I did it when I coudl

Sorry! ...
but it was middle of summer with only flip flops and dresses so I only wore at home.
I didn't get any varicose veins I'm not sure it's linked?
Xx

Good luck with getting them on! I was told to wear them from about 36 weeks before getting up in the morning and not taking them off til I was in bed to help my feet but it didn't stop the swelling as it was just water retention.
I did it when I coudl

I had to wear the full size one when I was about 15 years old... it was ridiculously hard... now Im thinking of wearing them again but when I google "compression socks maternity" they only show the full size one, which is impossible as we have both already proved! LOL

I wanted to know if I can wear the knee length one and get the same benefits...

I was only recommended the knee high ones not specifically maternity ones xx

I couldn't imagine having to do full hose with as many potty breaks as we have to take. Talk about a work out, lol. I had varicose veins pop up all around my tummy at around 18 weeks, and since doing research on them, I sleep with my feet elevated on a few pillows (as to be propped above the heart). They have not gotten any worse and if anything seem to be less noticeable. If you're just trying to prevent, you might try that as opposed to making yourself feel like a tubed sausage (unless absolutely necessary). :) Good luck! and if some do pop up, I've read that they should go away after pregnancy (fingers crossed on that one anyway).

I had extreme edema with my first and was prescribed compression socks to the knees. Unfortunately, mine didn't do anything but give me rashes.

Other suggestions to reduce swelling include drinking as much lemon water as you can possibly handle, and elevating your feet as much as possible; even if it's not above your heart, it'll help.

I couldn't imagine having to do full hose with as many potty breaks as we have to take. Talk about a work out, lol. I had varicose veins pop up all around my tummy at around 18 weeks, and since doing research on them, I sleep with my feet elevated on a few pillows (as to be propped above the heart). They have not gotten any worse and if anything seem to be less noticeable. If you're just trying to prevent, you might try that as opposed to making yourself feel like a tubed sausage (unless absolutely necessary). :) Good luck! and if some do pop up, I've read that they should go away after pregnancy (fingers crossed on that one anyway).

I hope yours goes away! Im scared cuz on top of my bad circulation my mom got a ton of them when she was pregnant.. so Im more prone to get them too...

By the way... how do you sleep on your side and with your feet elevated? Sounds so unconfortable!

I bought these for a flight about a month ago: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EYBJ12/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't know how they'd do for varicose veins, I just thought I'd share them because they were relatively comfortable (considering that they're compression socks and I hate wearing even normal socks). I really liked the open toe. I don't think I could do full compression hose unless the alternative was really really dire.

I have a severe case of varicose veins including in my lady bits. It is incredibly painful and does nothing for my self esteem. My doctor said it's the worse he has ever seen nice. Anyways. I wear perscription hose that goes up over my belly. They r the highest compression you can get. Incredibly hard to put on and harder to take off. My veins as getting worse in legs but slower than if I wasn't wearing.... And not wearing isn't an options because the pain is unbearable and I have a toddler to take care of. But if u are trying to prevent then prob just the leg ones would work. I didn't have these with my daughter. Came outta the blue at 22 weeks. Ugh

Pregnancy. Not a fan of it. But worth every second of suffering.

Lol, well sleeping is a whole awkward situation, as I can only lay on my sides for a few minutes. So I have wedge pillows that let me sleep in more of a recliner type position so that I'm not flat on my back. But I imagine that if you prop your legs up whenever you get to sit to relax, it would have a similar effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->