Compulsive cleaning!!??

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
since been 18 weeks preg i havnt stopped ! im constantly needing to clean iv never ever been this bad in my other pregnancys:(,,i just find anything to do, and if its not how i want it i start to get really upset and stressed out which is no good:( i did have abit of ocd before falling pregnant as doing repetive things before feeling satisfied and im doing it alot now with cleaning:( and due to it at the end of the night im having bhs on top of eachother and back ache and feel really moody:/ its got to the point were as soon as my oh gets out of the bath im litarlly folding the towels, straighting the bathroom up, mopping the floor:( due to this im not enjoying pregnancy:( and its my last so really wanted to just relax and enjoy every moment:(:cry: anyone feel like this ?xx

Aw hun, I am a little like this but more to do with decorating than cleaning! It's driving my hubby insane lol! We have a few rooms left to do and I really want them finished before LO gets here! Try and relax, I know it's hard. During my first pregnancy I was quite bad with cleaning and used to moan alot at hubby for making a mess! Why don't you try to set days where you are allowed to clean and days where you aren't allowed to do any at all? Weekends I don't do any housework, I don't work though so it depends what suits you. :hugs:

LOL! This made me laugh, it was like you were writing about me. I'm also a bit obsessive (Ok, a lot obsessive) about cleaning when I'm not pregnant, but since becoming pregnant I'm like a lunatic! I also do that when my hubby's been in the bathroom, or in bed, or sat on the sofa, or touching anything in the kitchen, lol! Nobody can breathe in my house at the moment without getting an earbashing for something being out of place. I'm hoping it settles down a bit, but as I'm 32 weeks I know deep down that in the weeks to come it'll only get worse. On the day I had my little boy 3 and a half years ago, I made my husband drive round for about an hour looking for wax so I could wax the dining room table, and I was also stood on the toilet for about an hour cleaning all the tiles in bathroom, hubby went mad and made me get down, lol! :hugs:

I am the same! I was never like it till i fell pregnant with my daughter nearly 4 years ago, and all of a sudden i was a clean freak, i loved doing all the housework! It carried on after lo was born and ive been like it ever since! I wouldnt say i have ocd, but i am def a bit freaky with how tidy i like things. I hoover upto 5 times a day sometimes, i love it!!

You are not alone!! If you are worried though talk to your doctor, maybe some councelling would hep get it under control xx

since been 18 weeks preg i havnt stopped ! im constantly needing to clean iv never ever been this bad in my other pregnancys:(,,i just find anything to do, and if its not how i want it i start to get really upset and stressed out which is no good:( i did have abit of ocd before falling pregnant as doing repetive things before feeling satisfied and im doing it alot now with cleaning:( and due to it at the end of the night im having bhs on top of eachother and back ache and feel really moody:/ its got to the point were as soon as my oh gets out of the bath im litarlly folding the towels, straighting the bathroom up, mopping the floor:( due to this im not enjoying pregnancy:( and its my last so really wanted to just relax and enjoy every moment:(:cry: anyone feel like this ?xx

It really sounds more than just normal pregnancy cleaning if it's distressing you. It's very common for the crazy hormones of pregnancy to exacerbate issues that we might have, like OCD or panic attacks or depression.

They have special Mental Health Midwives you can go and see. I would make an appointment with your GP, with your partner and go and talk honestly about how you're feeling and see what they recommend.

Thanks ladies sooo much:) glad to see im not alone!:) && i suffer from anxcity and depression and mild ocd so maybe this is why im so compulsive ? where also in the process of decorating aswell which is stressin me out:/ the main things i HAVE to do everyday is mop my hallway, kitchen and bathroom floor daily! otherwise i feel really on edge :/ im constantly washing cloths aswell but thats more to the point i find it easier to wash daily than leave it to pile up:/ i just feel bad for always snappin at my partner when he puts anything down:( i just feel as tho i need my house has to be clean for my kids:( and get really upset and stressed out:( i was never this bad before pregnancy:(

I become obsessed with cleaning when I am pregnant. After I had my daughter it eased off a little bit but yet again I think everything has germs on it. I can steam clean the carpets then a few days feel like they are dirty again. I recently read about the disinfectant qualities of eucalyptus oil and I use it for everything, in washing, cleaning kitchen, bathroom everything! My friend who is also pregnant just laughs and thinks I'm crazy but she is always sick so I must be doing something right :)

awww i clean all the floors with bleach everyday! everything else gets cleaned down with dettol constantly, i have to wash cloths everyday as i cant stand anythin dirty lying around, my oh gets so frustrated with me but i cant help it, i cant rest until the house is spotless and now tonight iv got my oh to re paint the walls and gloss the scatin boards as i NEED it doing before bab gets here:/ just hope it calms down when lil man arrives!x

Your like me :p
I cant stand mess lately. Bleach and my dettol spray and wipes are my sanity haha
Everytime someone comes they say, 'I can smell bleach' I even filled up an old Antibacterial spray bottle with bleach and water lol.
Most of my clothes have bleach stains on them.
I think its why im so exhausted all the time, because i cant seem to STOP.

& i need to gloss 3 doors today D:
But its real hard to get done with Kai around.
'Dont touch' = 'Touch it all over'

ahaha awww bless u!! we must be nesting maniacs!! well least we will have a clean house for our babiess iv said just before my due date im taking all the curtains down, stripping all bedding, pillow cases throw overs everything is getting washed , carpets gettin proffesionaly cleaned , floors bleached, dettol everything, im guna go crazy i can just see it lol,x oh && glad to see u on this side of bnb bab:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hollie200
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->